1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Standard U R A R That's Not For Lending

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by Pamela Crowley (Florida), Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    For those at Alamode that keep watch here:

Are you working on developing a standard basic URAR for NON-lending purposes?

If not, will you please???

2. Don Clark

Don Clark Elite Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Virginia
    B) Pam,

The AI is working on their version of a residential appraisal report that will(in their opinion) be suitable for non mortgage lending residential work. Should be available this month or so I understand. It will be sent to memebers of AI as an announcement but can be used by anyone and I would believe that Alamode is or will be on top of it. I understand it is similar to URAR but has more narrative space. I met the AI rep in New Orleans and this is what he passed on to everyone.

3. Couch Potato

Couch Potato Elite Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    AI has a version of their form available for comment at this time. Check their web site for more information.

4. Gregory Beck

Gregory Beck Senior Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Just finished the new URAR course at the Appriasal Institute and they said to use the old URAR for private appraisals. Not the new one we will be using in Nov. 1

5. Thomas N. Morgan

Thomas N. Morgan Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Greg Myers,

I could find nothing about a new residential form designed by the AI.
    Where on their Website is there any reference to it? I'd certainly like to see the form. I do not do any appraising for the origination of loans, so this form is of interest to me.

Please tell how to find it on their Site.

Tom

6. Robert Anderson

Robert Anderson Senior Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Thomas,

The AI form appraisal was in exposure draft, and the exposure draft period ended on June 27th. I was told that a public version will be released in about 2 weeks (although I'm not sure this is accurate). They passed around a copy of the latest version at the AI URAR course last Saturday, and it looked pretty good.

My biggest question is whether the software vendors will include it in their programs. I hope so.

Bob Anderson

7. Nancy Wyatt

Nancy Wyatt Senior Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    Anyone lurking from United Systems here? Do you have any plans for Appraisal Studio?

8. Jeff Kulon

Jeff Kulon New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Appraisal Management Company
    State:
    Arizona
    United Systems normally can reproduce and make new forms available in Appraisal Studio within a week of a form being introduced. I have not seen the draft of the new AI form, so I don't know how complicated it is. The ability to transmit the new form via the various electronic delivery systems, such as AI, Mercury, and Lighthouse, obviously requires those vendors to support the new form as well.

If a reputable operation such as AI has already put forth the effort to design the form, and assuming it is designed well, it would be prudent for the appraisal software vendors to standardize on it rather than developing a bunch of incompatible versions. Have you ever tried to convert a report from your appraisal software to another format only to find that the forms do not precisely match between the two program, possibly including that some data gets lost? I can appreciate how frustrating this can be.

Lurkingly yours,
    Jeff Kulon
    United Systems Software Company

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.