tech support

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by Flygirl 152, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flygirl 152

Flygirl 152 Senior Member

May 3, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Why do I wait on hold for so long for tech support?

Every time I have found it necessary to call tech support within the past year, I have been on hold for 40 minutes to 1 hour. The other day, a colleague called in on my other line. I told her that I could not talk to her since I am waiting on hold on the other line for ACI. After my problem was solved, I telephoned her back. She mentioned that I must have really had a big problem since it took me so long to get back to her. I explained that every time I call tech support, the wait time is NEVER less than 40 minutes, no matter what time of day, morning or evening I call. She uses Alamode, and said she has never waited on hold for their tech support for more than 5 minutes.

Although everyone at ACI is really accommodating, this is an area that they really need to improve on.

Instead of waiting on hold, I tried emailing the support staff that helped me before, thinking this may expedite things. But alas, they don't answer my emails. Not even the day after, or two days after. Just no answer.

Right now I have been on hold 41 minutes waiting for what will likely be a 2 minute fix conversation. While I wait, I look through their on-line manual for the answer to my questions, however I don't always find the solution. Now it's 44 minutes I've been on hold. Frustrated!

2. Edward OConor

Edward OConor Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    I did hear of a phone app that will allow you to call a number and wind your way through to the waiting point. Once there you push a button on your phone that will keep the line open. When the tech finally gets to your call he is told to push #1. When they do your phone rings. Unfortunately, that's all I know about it.

3. CJ1234

CJ1234 Junior Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Minnesota
    Leave a message. Honestly, I think they get to you faster.

4. AppraizinAZ

AppraizinAZ Junior Member

Dec 31, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    I've never waited more than 4 minutes for Wintotal either...I HATE ACI

5. CindyR

CindyR Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    I left them a message 2 weeks ago and they did not call back until i called again and told them i had been waiting for 2 weeks.

6. AppraizinAZ

AppraizinAZ Junior Member

Dec 31, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    When you think of how much money companies spend on customer service...all those "pep rallies" they give to their staff...then they understaff,underpay, under educate and finally outsource...

7. fritzvogel

fritzvogel Senior Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    $400. a year to wait 30 minutes a call for a 2 minute fix is a rip off.

8. BlackLabs

BlackLabs Sophomore Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Massachusetts
    Check out Despair.com http://www.despair.com/cudi.html -and look for the following Posters. These must be hanging at ACI World Headqaurters.
    Customer Disservice
    Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.
    Customer Care
    If we really cared for the customer we'd send them somewhere better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.