1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Teen Hit by a car for 4th Time

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by JT1974, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JT1974

JT1974 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
  2. Stone

Stone Elite Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Wisconsin
  3. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I had a friend in grade school named Ricky B. He had this awful scar on his scalp from jumping off a cyclone fence and hooking the back of his head on the little twisty wires on the top of the fence.

One day we were riding our bikes home from school and just as I looked over at him a car hooked him with the side view mirror and slammed him onto the hood and into the windshield. I sat with him until the fire department came and let him use my tee-shirt to stop the bleeding from his chin.

I found out about ten years ago (after we were adults) that he was hit by a car and killed.

4. Dennis J. Black ASA IFAS

Dennis J. Black ASA IFAS Senior Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    We had a guy in our neighborhood whose dad was lost at sea, then he gets hit by a car. few years later he gets hit by another car. Age 36 dies in a house fire.

Make you count your blessings

5. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    How did those cars get out to sea? And why didn't the sea water put out the house fire?

6. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arkansas
    I had a hound once that was beaned 3 times before he became a sail dog...you know, flattened so low you could sail him like a frizbee...

I have known a few drunks that had multiple wrecks. My neighbor had 26 DWIs before he finally killed a passenger. He's in the pen for the second time now and this time won't be no out in 18 months and back on the road. He's there for a long while....and a great guy until he drinks. One of those people who once they start will not stop drinking for days and won't pick it up again for month or two.

7. fifteen

fifteen Senior Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Washington
    Had a dog in our neighborhood named lucky. Got hit by a car, lost a left leg. Got hit again, off with another leg - back left. The owner built him a doggy skateboard so he could get around, and, you guess it - anotehr car accident. This time he had a peg leg for the front right and a skateboard for the left 2. I heard he got hit again. Didn't see too much of lucky after that last one. Kind of fits the idiot definition ehh terrel? Different day, same bs. Known quite a few drunks too. If they knew it'd be the same day over and over again I wonder if they'd change their ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.