1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Last Lecture

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Doug Smith SRA, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Smith SRA

Doug Smith SRA Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Montana
    Do yourself a favor particularly if you have kids:

Take some time to watch a series of You Tube segments on the last lecture by Professor Randy Pausch. A popular professor at Carneige Mellon, he has pancreatic cancer and is expected to live only about a few months.

On college campuses today, it is in vogue for professors to deliver a "last lecture" sort of a summing up of thoughts. This time the last lecture is for real. I first read about it in th Wall Street Journal both the article about the lecture and the follow up. The lecture has made a big impact. Listening to this lecture has made a difference in a lot of people's lives. I took the time to sit through it. I have to say, my life will be a little different after listening to this talk. It takes a lot to inspire this old guy but this talk was important to me.

It takes a little time but follow along. Segments are about 10 minutes and they are numbered 1-10 but the last two segments are presentations by others.

This is segment one but you may want to start with the short 4 minute segment put out by the Wall Street Journal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HqdnjgkExY

You will think about brick walls when you finish and you might let your kids paint their rooms.

2. Obsolescent

Obsolescent Senior Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    thanks. Inspiring. He lived a significant life.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  3. Ward Dresser

Ward Dresser Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Very interesting and worth the time!

4. Smokey Bear

Smokey Bear Elite Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I just listened to the whole thing. What an amazing man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.