1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The new Workbox has arrived!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Bearslide, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bearslide

Bearslide Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    It's official - I am now a member of the Hamster Nation. KIA isn't kidding when they say "Soul - a new way to roll".

Had to put some hard miles on nasty roads the first two days and it performed flawlessly. Excellent handling, GREAT brakes, turns on a dime and can handle the rough gravel roads and mountain side areas I end up in. Extremely comfortable with lots of head and leg room. Loaded with all kinds of whizz-bang goodies, sips gas - and then there are those bigggggggg tail lights - they light up like a Christmas tree when you put the four ways on while shooting comp photos. Holds everything I have to carry with room for more - and has a rockin' sound system, along with hands free voice activated phone, WIFI and more. Then there is the onboard furry appraisal assistant............ Love this car!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
    I love the Kia cars, thinking about getting the Sorento for the wife. High class leather interior without the snob appeal price tag. BTW... thanks for supporting Georgia's economy! Those are manufactured and built right here in GA... USA. Can't say that for union shop GMC/Chevy brand.

4. Bearslide

Bearslide Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Sticker says 26 city/40 highway depending on what systems you're running. Use of the Ecosystem gets you the best mileage. Haven't had it out on the highway yet, breaking it in slow and careful, getting 26-30 depending on roads. I'll get better once it's broken in and I stop driving it with all systems running wide open but I'm too busy having fun with all the doo-dads right now!

Amen! That was one of the many selling points. US workers get a paycheck but run by management with a philosophy that doesn't include bailouts and copouts. LOLOLOL - my son is in love with the Optima (or maybe it's the babe they're featuring in their current ads!).

I took a lot of flak from family for buying this car - until I told them about the manufacturing facility in Georgia - AND took them out for a ride. End of discussion - they're sold. A LOT of bang for the buck.

Happened to pull in behind a cop while filling the tank this morning and he told me the cops and EMT's like them because of the high safety standards and features - that more people are walking away from accidents with these cars. I hope to not be involved in an accident - but that was also a selling point.

A few more selling points for me.....has traction control and 6 speed sport-tronic transmission very similar to what my Mitsubichi had. Those two features saved my bacon more than once. The other thing I like is the unimpeded views all around AND the excellent lighting. Much better road visibility at night than I've ever had before. I'm night blind and that is a very important feature for me.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  5. HF Mudd

HF Mudd Senior Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    Which model did you get?

6. Bearslide

Bearslide Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    KIA Soul Exclaim with the UVO entertainment/communication system and premium sound package rather than the navigation package. Added a few other dealer installed goodies: sunroof and side window visors, illuminated scuff plates, floor/cup holder illumination, locking security lug nuts on the wheels, stepped up to the auto dimming rearview mirror with compass and Homelink and activated the security system. If someone is fool enough to steal the car, they'll be caught in minutes. With all that, plus the military discount KIA was offering, it still came out way less than the competition. I'm a happy camper and so is my savings account! Apparently, so is my insurance company - I upped the collision deductable and my insurance premium still went down.

For those wanting a bit bigger SUV/crossover type, the Sportage is very nice - many of the same features. Their sedans are awesome too - but I needed something suitable to carry a ladder, or groceries - or dogs.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  7. Bearslide

Bearslide Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    I've had several emails and PMs on this question. Yes, my insurance went down on a brand new car - that was not a typo. I fully expected my insurance to go UP because I raised the collision deductible and it is new. I can only surmise it is because of the safety features and maybe the additional security features.

LOLOLOL - and for the first time in my life, I was able to parallel park in front of the Courthouse this morning with EASE. LOVE that rear view camera and exceptional steering!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.