1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Thinking Of Buying Win Total

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by David Bodtcher, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Bodtcher

David Bodtcher Junior Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    Utah
    Got a couple of questions about wintotal:

If purchased, can it be installed & used on multiple computers by 1 person?

Can I do a report on wintotal & have a supervisory appraiser with ACI sign the report?

2. Will43

Will43 Senior Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    I don’t think you can transfer to a different software provider. That is why most trainees use the same software as their mentor.

3. David Bodtcher

David Bodtcher Junior Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    Utah
    well, I guess I'm stuck with ACI then. :angry:

4. Jeremy Verace

Jeremy Verace New Member

May 20, 2005
    Yes.

[/b][/quote]Can I do a report on wintotal & have a supervisory appraiser with ACI sign the report?

5. john marcinik

john marcinik Sophomore Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Maryland
    Don't buy total.
    It is going the way of ACI when they got bought out years back
    They don't listen to their appraiser base.
    It's Henry Ford all over again.
    "People can buy any color car they like, as long as its black!

6. Lobo Fan

Lobo Fan Elite Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    Wintotal will convert competitors to Wintotal, but you cannot convert Wintotal to a competitor.

You can add it to more than one computer under one license if they are being used by one person, like a desktop and a laptop. Any additional loads require additional licenses.

7. Rudy Canoza

Rudy Canoza Senior Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I convert total to aci all the time...

aci is like a cartoon compared to total...

/I'm just sayin'...

8. Bill Baughn

Bill Baughn Senior Member

Mar 10, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Nevada
    That or get your supervisor to change... :rofl:

Bill Baughn :fencing:

9. DB

DB Elite Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    Just get WCA and be done with it..... Fast ... inexpensive ... the best customer service I have ever experienced, with any product, appraisal related or not .... seemless integration ... great databases ... easy flow forms... Just something to think about ... :shrug:

10. Austin

Austin Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Virginia
    I don't do much FNMA appraising but I had Wintotal. It expired in February and I was not going to pay $300 per year when I could replace it all for that amount. Last week my hard-drive busted. Here is the dirty little secret about Wintotal and probably other programs like it. When you lose Wintotal in a crash you lose all of the integrated programs that come with it. I lost Adobe writer and Apex plus Wintotal. I posted asking if anyone new if Apex or adobe would allow me to reinstall some way. I got a call from the Apex tech people and they offered to help. I called their help line and they said if I could show a receipt of purchase they would get me back in business. Problem is there was and is no receipt when you purchase a package program. I told him I paid a la mode for the program in the package and the procedure was that the first time you use the program you just register it on line. They wouldn't buy it. Had to show them a receipt with Apex's name on it. A Catch 22. You show us a receipt that we know does not exist and we will cheerfully refund your money. They did offer me a reduced price on Apex IV which was pretty fair.
    There is a much better technology available now. Get a Document mate 510 Zeros scanner and a copy of Homputer. Do all of your reports and scan them into pdf files. The software is amazing. Far exceeds anything Wintotal or any other program can match and for a fraction of the cost.
    If you buy Wintotal and have a hard-drive crash, you are out of business for weeks. You can load Homputer on two computers and it is less than $200. Sweet and simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.