1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Tidewater Initiative Question?

Discussion in 'FHA/HUD and VA' started by unloadit, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Rex

Mr Rex Elite Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    North Carolina
    If there is a select group of borrowers that are due rules slightly different than the rest of the populace, its Veterans. Go to a funeral where they play taps and the man's combat boots and helmet are sitting in front of the casket and you might grow to appreciate the TI more. I dunno.

2. nicholz12

nicholz12 Senior Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Massachusetts

Please, my father fought in WWII... hand to hand combat...and, of course I repect veterans, as I had said in my previous post
    (no disrepect to Veterans)...

I do have a problem though w/ people writing remarks, and name calling, that I do have a problem with... it has absolutely nothing to do with Veterans.
    People that are supposed to be professional especially on a post forum where you really don't see body language, facial expressions etc....

I certainly hope when you or anyone instructing in your classes doesn't throw out phrase like the 'the blind leading the blind.
    And, further more I have taught, I would never say something like that to a student. Simply unprofessional.

3. Calvin the Airedale

Calvin the Airedale Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    Let's all step back from the edge and take ourselves, our egos, our careers, and all our best intentions a little less seriously.

I have nothing but the deepest respect, admiration and affection for my many esteemed peers on this forum. God bless you all!

Nicolz12, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an apology.

The forum is more like the lunch room I had back at the bank I worked in as a youth. A place to shoot the breeze, get a cup of coffee and kick around ideas.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  4. Mr Rex

Mr Rex Elite Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Get over it man, Don is like a brazillion years old (no disrespect intended Don) and his comments to you are the equivalent of your grandfather yelling at the local kids to get the hell off his lawn.:)

5. nicholz12

nicholz12 Senior Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Massachusetts
    Ok ... guess I'll cool off now that I got that off my chest.

6. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    And, you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.:new_2gunsfiring_v1:

My comments had nothing to do with the catholic church. I was raised catholic, served as an alter boy and attended a monastic school. Have been actively involved in my church for years.

One cannot help but take the comment calling USPAP a religion and it's instructors priests a slam. Suggests someone blindly following something other than science...in my opinion.

USPAP is what it is and we have to live with it. Those of us who teach or have taught it should do so with being well versed in it's content and intention. Unless you have been through what it takes be in that position you will never understand what is required of the instructor.

Over the years, on this forum, there has been a certain faction that goes out of their way to belittle USPAP and it's instructors. Those are, quite often, those who call themselves appraisers but do very little work as such. It's a sad state of affairs for the most part.

7. Pittsburgh Pete

Pittsburgh Pete Elite Member

May 6, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    I can certainly help it--not how I view my religion. Religion dictates behavior and that's what USPAP does. I never considered the metaphor a slam but rather elevating USPAP to its key role in our profession.

Have to make fun of one my all time favorite typos--you were an alter boy? What were you before you were altered?

BTW--I don't think Calvin belittles USPAP. I know that there are many that belittle it and I suspect that is because they have such little understanding of its content and intent. Calvin, however, isn't one of them.

8. fritzvogel

fritzvogel Senior Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    Next topic please.... USGRAP is something I would newer want to teach, really never to NEW appraisers that don't know how to appraise let alone deal with USPAP. You should get paid extra teaching a class of newbees. To much gargan, volumes of text and an ever changing focus, lawyers don't have than and NEVER have to take cont. ED esp. USPAP.

9. Pittsburgh Pete

Pittsburgh Pete Elite Member

May 6, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Someone in the midst of happy hour or is an earthquake causing your keyboard to move?

Lawyers take continuing ed.

10. Mr Rex

Mr Rex Elite Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    The hardest thing about USPAP is saying the full name while inebriated. Spit tends to fly. Otherwise, get it or get out. MHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.