1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

To Whose Attention?

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by allison lucas, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allison lucas

allison lucas Sophomore Member

Apr 12, 2003
    Hi all:

I've written a simple and straight forward letter that extends an offer of our company's services. I've just completed acquiring and compiling contact information to local mortgage firms but still have one blank column. My question to you is:

Whose generic attention should I address these letters to? eg, appraisal coordinator, lead broker (if that's even a true title??), anyone??

Please feel free to elaborate on any thoughts this posting may have evoked.

Thanks a bunch!

:blueflower: Allison

2. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Texas
  3. Jeff Horton

Jeff Horton Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Alabama
    Around here each loan officer uses his/her pet Skippy. So you have would have to address it to each LO.

4. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    Allison - hate to say it, but I think you're wasting time and paper. You're best bet it to "buddy up" to some high volume brokers/agents for a while. Then you'll get a few orders and then it will work into more orders.

It's a sad but true fact until such time as you become known, respected and wanted for an honest opinion of value. Like Jeff said, they usually utilize the highest value skippy until they're about to get audited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.