1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Transfering Wintotal To Laptop

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by ken davis, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken davis

ken davis New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    I’m working as an assistant and I wanted to see if I could install a licensed copy of my Supervisors Wintotal onto my Notebook. All the reports I’m working on are his reports so the name stamp is fine. Is it allowable with the licensing agreement?
    Thanks
    Ken D.

2. Workbox

Workbox Elite Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
  3. dan kessler

dan kessler New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    This is from an email I received from AlaMode:

"Do you have WinTOTAL installed on a PC and a laptop? You can install WinTOTAL on two machines, as long as you're not using both at the same time"

Whether or not those machines are owned by the same person....is a bit grey.

4. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New Mexico
    I'm with Al but you can also call alamode and get a demo disc. Install it and when you email the report (not in pdf) to the sup, the sup's licensed software will remove the DEMO stamp.

5. ken davis

ken davis New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    I tried using the demo software at home then took the file on a SD card to work then when we finished the report and printed it it had the "Demo Version" Water mark all over it still so i had to cut and paste the entire report and recheck the boxes. Thanks for your replies.

Ken D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.