1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Undo Short-Cut Key in APEX?

Discussion in 'Apex' started by FHA Steve, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FHA Steve

FHA Steve Sophomore Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Is there an undo shortcut key in the Latest Version of Medina?

I know about Cntl-Z, I am talking about when you forget to push enter twice and draw a line the wrong direction, or the wrong length by mistake, what is a quick way to undo that line? PC and PDA version both.

How do you undo in the PDA version?

Also, where can I get a copy of the InstructionManual for the PDA Version?

Thanks, FHA Steve

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Senior Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Texas
    FHA Steve,

I believe you are talking about using the [Del] key? This has been in all programs since the DOS days. While drawing ("Pen Down") if you press the [Del] key the previous line will "un-draw"... keep pressing as many times as needed. Pressing the [Ins] key will re-draw each line... Most people use this to fix a mistake a few lines back - i.e. press [Del] a few times to get back to and "undo" a wall incorrectly drawn (or needing adjustment to square), then simple redraw that line as desired and when done, press [Ins] until the program re-draws the rest of the lines. Try pressing [Del] and [Ins] while drawing an Area on a practice sketch and you will see how easy/simple this is... :)

• Select the video labeled "Learn Apex Medina" at the link below (see screen shot for help)
    • Use the navigation panel on the left side of the video to select the item #16 named "Editing with Insert & Delete" to see this in action.
    http://www.apexwin.com/v5/Videos/Appraiser/index.php

[Del] and [Ins] are used the same in Apex and MobileSketch for consistency.

Here is a link to the MobileSketch PDF: http://www.apexwin.com/v4/downloads/MobileSketch.pdf

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
    ..Apex Software..

/end/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  3. FHA Steve

FHA Steve Sophomore Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    APEX Problems

I was almost finished with my sketch using the latest Apex I just bought and Apex added a second main GLA area as Undefined, when I delete it, it also deletes my GLA1??? Help Mr. Wizard!!

Also, sometimes when I press the delete key to erase a mistaken line, Apex tells me I cannot delete until I finish drawing??

FHA Steve

4. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Senior Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Texas
    FHA Steve

Sorry to be so late in responding. I usually try to monitor this site more closely, but I have been in heads down mode and just came up for air.

If you run into an emergency situation again, you might try PM'ing me as I usually get an email on that.

The only thing I can think of that may have happened on losing your GLA Area may be explained by recognizing the way [Del]ete works in various situations. Normally, pressing the [Del] key should only affect a selected item - a Defined Area, an individual line, text label, Symbol, etc. In all cases, before anything is "destroyed" a warning/confirmation dialog should pop up making sure you want to do this. The only way I know of that this will not happen is if you have inadvertently selected the "Quit asking me this" box (see attached image.) If this is the case, you can use the [Reset all] button on the Tools/Configuration dialog - this will reset all defaults to the original "shipping" configuration. The [Del]ete key is also a "power user" key to reopen an Area if nothing is selected. The behavior with [Ins] and [Del] mentioned in my earlier post only operates that way while you are drawing lines and arcs.

Remember, assuming you are using a version of Apex released in (say) the last 6 or 7 years, you always have Undo [Ctrl] [Z] or the little blue "back arrow" icon available as an "oops" key, too. ;-) This should also be available "the old fashioned way" under the Edit menu...

Your second issue is a mystery to me unless you are using the old PPC version of MobileSketch.

If you are having a problem with a particular file, you can PM me to send me the file. I will open it up and have a look to see if I can tell what the problem is.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
    ..Apex Software..

/end/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.