1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Uspap 15 Hour National Course

Discussion in 'Appraisal Education' started by Jim Hill, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Hill

Jim Hill Member

Oct 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    The 15 hour USPAP National course does it count towards the 30 CE credit in Florida.

When I contacted the state they told me they are not sure.

If it is not counted I was wondering why since it is only done in a class room with a USPAP Certified teacher.

Is each state doing the same thing or do some states counting this towards their 30 hours of CE

J. Hill

2. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    Jim...I must say "it depends". IN MY STATE there are times it can be counted depending on the purpose of the course..such as mandated as remedial training. Most of the time the 15 hour is part of the initial training and therefore does not count toward CE. Some appraisers also prefer to take the 15 hour course in lieu of the 7 hour update.

I am in favor of a four hour update given annually rather than 7 hour given every two years. Our state now requires real estate brokers to take an update class EVERY YEAR which I think is a good thing. NAR now requires brokers to have an ethics class once a year too.

3. Greg Zachary

Greg Zachary New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Texas
    :shrug:

I was told by the Texas Appraisal licensing board that the 15 hour National USPAP class did not count in leau of taking the 7 hour update. In other words in order to renew you MUST take the 7 hour class. Does not make sense to me. I did not ask if the 15 hour National USPAP class could be taken for CE in addition to the 7 hour class for renewal.

Greg

4. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    Like Mike said, it depends upon your state rules. I know that NM will let me take the 15 hr as CE but it can't be taken the same year as the 7 hr for my USPAP requirement. Go to the FREAB web site and they should have some sort of answer there for you. I know that my state has it explained in the Q & A section. If not, then send an email to the state for an explaination.

5. Francois K. Gregoire

Francois K. Gregoire Senior Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Jim,

The 15-Hour National USPAP Course cannot be use for Appraiser Continuing Education Credit in Florida. This is due to an interpretation by the AQB of their Real Property Appraiser Qualification Criteria. The Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board is merely following the guidance of the AQB.

If you have been told otherwise, please PM or email me with the details.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.