1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Visa Charges Are Up 12% From Last Year

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Tawfik Ahdab, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tawfik Ahdab

Tawfik Ahdab Senior Member

Feb 19, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    I just heard on CNN that Visa released weekend charge data showing that use of visa debit and credit cards on last Friday and Saturday was up 12% from last year's corresponding weekend.

Who says refis will stay dead?

See you in January, February, or March at the latest Mr. Refinancer!

2. USPAP Compliant

USPAP Compliant Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    The only problem is......NO EQUITY!

Most of these folks have refinanced to the hilt and the cupboard is bare. Skippy may be able to make it work, but in many cases....the well is dry.

3. Bill Rose

Bill Rose Senior Member

Aug 25, 2003
    Key word: SKIPPY. I know several and they're busy as ever.

4. Oregon Doug

Oregon Doug Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Oregon
    And the beat goes on....

Unfortunately, I'm looking forward to a good year ('bout all I do is foreclosure appraisal.) If business gets much better (worse), I may have to hire someone.

Oregon Doug

5. D-Max

D-Max Junior Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    The really sad part of these statistics is that my wife's Christmas shopping is included in that percentage.

Spoke with one of my favorite LO's this morning. She is already getting people offering their first born to get money. All of us know the drill...refinanced last year to renovate and now my husband has been laid off. She giggled and asked if I could help her get some closed before Christmas....laughingly I said HELLO NO! :rofl: She said she was fooling but I know deep down she wanted me to say yes. I'm sorry but I happen to enjoy eating and having a place to sleep.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.