1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Well & Septic Distance

Discussion in 'FHA/HUD and VA' started by Hola27, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hola27

Hola27 Sophomore Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    UW requested I indicate the location of the leach field on the survey or draw a map. The survey I provided clearly indicates the location of the aerator/septic which is the location of where the leach field begins correct? As long as the septic is 75 + ft from the well and approved by local health department and there were no red flags I think that is all FHA is asking us to do. Does FHA require us to located the leach field ? :new_llying:

2. Michael Tipton

Michael Tipton Senior Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
  3. RSW

RSW Elite Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    We used to be required to draw the and sketch the location of the well and septic tank but that requirement was retired back in 2005 when the VC sheet was retired. We are required to check the distance of the well and septic tank. The distance from the well to the septic tank is 50', well to drain field is 100', well to property line is 10'. Providing the sketch is no longer part of the FHA protocol. But, you should already know the distance if you checked the distances noted in this post.