1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What Is Most Important To Your Clients?

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Surf Cat, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surf Cat

Surf Cat Junior Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Hello all, doing a survey and would like to know what is most important to your clients regarding your services?

· Your contact? (Always keeping in touch via email & or phone calls about the progress of your assignments. You are always easily reached & quick to return messages left).

· Your professionalism? (How you prepare your appraisals, your honesty, integrity, how you conduct yourself at inspections).

· Turn around time?

· You always hit the target number? (Oh come on now…..just think of this as a state exam).

· Your experience? (knowledge in the appraisal field, designations, affiliations with organizations such as The Appraisal Institute?).

· Your willingness to “work with them” i.e. remove photos, remove the line “foreclosure activity noted in the neighborhood”, risk your license, step in front of a speeding bus, etc.

· You have the lowest fee?

· Your good looks & charming personality? :banana:

· You accept your fees after close of escrow?

· You appreciate their business and do personal drop ins to the office, drop off donuts, take your clients to lunch, send thank you cards etc.

I really want to know of the above choices starting off with what is most important to what is the least important. Please feel free to add anything that I may not have listed. I appreciate your input.

Best regards, Rick

2. DB

DB Elite Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Tennessee
    Think I'll have to go with the "Good looks and Charming personality" thingy .... :rofl: :rofl:

3. TC

TC Elite Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Doug,

He wanted serious replies!

TC

4. Surf Cat

Surf Cat Junior Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    IIIII knew it!! The dancing banana goes in to my marketing Campaign! Thanks for taking a look Doug.

5. DB

DB Elite Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    Now Tom ..... :rofl: :rofl:

6. Surf Cat

Surf Cat Junior Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Oh and by the way....please define a "Skippy" (this may open up a can of worms please keep in mind my original posting).

7. TC

TC Elite Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hello all, doing a survey and would like to know what is most important to your clients regarding your services?

· Your contact? (Always keeping in touch via email & or phone calls about the progress of your assignments. You are always easily reached & quick to return messages left).
    I touch base with all clients via phone or email at least once a week

· Your professionalism? (How you prepare your appraisals, your honesty, integrity, how you conduct yourself at inspections).

Important·

Turn around time?

I promise 7 working days

· You always hit the target number? (Oh come on now…..just think of this as a state exam).

No one in this forum would admit to that, for the record, Homey don't play that game

· Your experience? (knowledge in the appraisal field, designations, affiliations with organizations such as The Appraisal Institute?).

I believe that my BA and IFA help me get work, I'm sure a lot here will disagree

· Your willingness to “work with them” i.e. remove photos, remove the line “foreclosure activity noted in the neighborhood”, risk your license, step in front of a speeding bus, etc.

See above

· You have the lowest fee?

Not many lenders give out work based on fees, just doesn't happen in my market

· Your good looks & charming personality? :banana:

Zero for two

· You accept your fees after close of escrow?

Don't know of many "professions" that collect at the door, my clients pay within 60 days, I never ask upfront unless a private transaction

· You appreciate their business and do personal drop ins to the office, drop off donuts, take your clients to lunch, send thank you cards etc.

As stated before, I do all that
    tc

8. Tina

Tina Senior Member

May 31, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Good thread.....unfortunately..........dinner is ready....to burn (alot for my friend TC)...I'll be watching :cool:

TB

9. Durano Joe

Durano Joe Junior Member

Sep 4, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    Rick,

Of the three local MB's that I work for I think they would say they like my professionalism the best. I'm not that experienced and the fees are paid by the homeowner so they don't care about that. As far as charm and good looks and giving donuts, I've never even met them in person. Phone, fax and email is the only contact I have.
    I'm older and was in sales a long time so I try to sound like I know what I'm doing. The HO always likes the way I take my time and look at his property, even listen to him a while, so I'm sure that gets reported back to the MB.

As far as the out-of-town clients go, I just tell them the truth about when the inspection is set and when it will get done.

A website, resume and a little advertising goes a long way to making you look professional.

Hope that helps,
    Bruce

I grew up going to the beach at 22st in Hermosa. Is it still a good place?

10. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    I have no idea why my clients use me. I don't hit their numbers, estimated values and sometimes their sales prices. All I do is give them honest, fair values in a timely manner (within one business week) and treat them all like they are my most important client. It boggles my mind.

Maybe it is my charming, polite and friendly demeanor. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.