1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Wintotal Platinum Support Has A 25 Minute Wait?

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by J in Florida, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J in Florida

J in Florida Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I have an urgent issue and alamode platinum support is reporting a 25 minute wait.

Anyone else having a problem with this?

2. Workbox

Workbox Elite Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    Wasn't that the premium service that they were spamming and calling the hell out of? Did you pay extra for it. But do you get 24 hr service? and on weekends?

3. Greg davenport

Greg davenport Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arkansas
    I don't understand why you are upset by a 25 minutes wait for help.
    I have waited and when It was my turn for help had a tech on the phone for over 1 hour. The tech was not in a hurry to get me off the phone, he took the time to find out what was the problem and tried to correct it.
    In my case the problem had to do with the windows firewall, it was blocking a script that it should not be. we never got the firewall to allow the script to run, so he should be a way around it.
    You may have to wait for a while, but the wait is worth it.

Yes I am a platinum member also. As such I pay for 24/7 364 day a year support, NOT support that will never have other callers before me.

4. Jeremy Verace

Jeremy Verace New Member

May 20, 2005
    Not sure I follow you but I did buy the platinum membership when it was on sale and it ended up being less money than the gold that I used to have. Anyway, I think I have only called twice with it and had a wait once, which was in the middle of the day, but it was more like 5-10 minutes, not 25. I found that quite reasonable since I recently spent over an hour waiting for dell support only for them to resolve the call with "call microsoft".

By the way, I have heard before that some people feel 'harrassed' by a la mode salespeople. However, I am not contacted but approximately once every two months aside from occasional emails and snail mail stuff. If I tell them no thanks I'm never contacted on it again. If they leave a message for me I usually call back even if it's just to tell them that I'm not interested and that seems to end the solicitation. I'm not saying that other people aren't getting some different kind of treatment, just saying that it has never been my experience. Are you telling them no or just ignoring them? Just a thought, maybe that's why they keep 'spamming and calling the hell out of' you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.