1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Wintotal Problems

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by gregg takahashi, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregg takahashi

gregg takahashi New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Does anyone else have problems with the comp database changing comp photos and descriptions around, and forms dropping? Or am I alone in a tiny boat on a rough sea? How do i fix this?

2. Jeremy Verace

Jeremy Verace New Member

May 20, 2005
    Gregg,

Can't say I've ever run into this problem, but WOW! It would be a big problem undoubtedly. Have you talked to their tech guys? You might try here http://www.alamode.com/tech/default.asp I don't know if you will find what you are looking for but if not there is always tech support.

3. Steve Forstner

Steve Forstner Junior Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    I haven't had a problem with it dropping forms or changing data inside the comparables, but it does swap comparable pictures around with great frequency.

The only cure I've got is to be vigilant. Check the pictures each and every time to make sure that the information is correct.

4. Jungle Boy

Jungle Boy Senior Member

Oct 30, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Real Estate Agent or Broker
    State:
    Florida
    I've had the comp photo problem.
    Tech support claims that it was a problem with some files a long time ago.
    They said that as long as you keep cloning files that had that problem, you will have to deal with the problem.
    I also found that it won't screw up the photos if I don't change the order of the comparables. So the solution to the problem is not to put the photos in the report until after you are sure you are satisfied with the comp order.

5. Mister Ed

Mister Ed Senior Member

Jan 24, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Georgia
    We had the problem here... three appraisers were using the same type camera with the same naming scheme. Saving them from the camera to wintotal apparently was causing "overwrites" in the images file.

We started using the QuickPix to load our photos from the camera and set them up to give each photo a unique identifier--the date plus a number extension.

We have had no problem since then.

Just my 2 cents worth.

-ed-

6. Rick Neighbors

Rick Neighbors Senior Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    I agree with Ed, I use Quikpix and everything works fine. I change the order of my comps constantly, and the photos change every time.

Rick

7. Gregory Beck

Gregory Beck Senior Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    No propblems at all you should call tech support at Alamode they are quite helpful

8. Damon Pedersen

Damon Pedersen Junior Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Iowa
    I think every appraisal that I review has that problem - just kidding... used a la mode for years and never had it switch a photo. I dont even use the comps database... I have comp files in folders and can re-type quicker than paging through all the database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.