Wintotal Sq Footage Calculator

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by Austen Ichu, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austen Ichu

Austen Ichu New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    :beer:
    Does someone know why the Sq footage Adjuster Calculator does not calculate comps 4-6 when it does 1-3?
    Is this one of those that we must live with? :cry:

2. Christian Peters

Christian Peters New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Sorry, new to wintotal but how does it calculate comps 1-3 for you?

3. Austen Ichu

Austen Ichu New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    :rolleyes:
    While in the WinTotal software writing your report, complete comps 1-3 data, click on the icon "Comps" on your toolbar for an automatic calculation of your adjustments. The Square foot adjuster screen will pop-up, double click on Sq Foot Adjuster, the next screen is Sq footage adjustment calculator. This screen has various variables and information on your comps 1-3 you completed on your URAR.
    You need to get into the report writing mode to understand where I'm heading.
    I hope I answered your question. :lol:

4. Couch Potato

Couch Potato Elite Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    North Carolina
    Its one of the tricky parts of WinTOTAL. To get the SqFt adjuster to do comps 4-6, go to that page, click in the cell beside the SqFt number of Comp 4, 5 or 6 and then open the Adjuster. You have to do each comp page seperately.

The other method I use is to complete the form in ClickFORMS, use the import feature of WinTOTAL to finish of the report in the file format used by the others in the company for which I work.

5. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    no, you don't. It will adjust every comp on that page when you adjust the first one.

6. Couch Potato

Mar 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Yes, you have to do each page seperately, but you must click in one of the three fields before launching the adjuster.

7. Austen Ichu

Austen Ichu New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    :cry:
    What Is it that I'm doing wrong;
    I went to the cell after the sf #, left my cursor there then lunched sf adjuster but nothing happened to the comps.
    Also I noticed that when I lunched the sf adjuster, comps 1-3 are still showing in the comparable value preview.
    Is it not suppose to display comps 4-6 :question:
    Help...........

8. Couch Potato

Mar 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    You would think it would show 4-6, but it does not. It will adjust them though. I generally get to the Adjuster by selecting it from the Tools menu (Third from the bottom on the list, just above a divider). The menu choice is only available when you click in the SqFt field.

9. Austen Ichu

Austen Ichu New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Showing comps 4-6 is really not a problem but just mentioned it. My adjustments for comps 4-6 are not making it. From that page, I left the cursor in the cell then launched the adjuster but nothing happens. :yellowblack:

10. Austen Ichu

Austen Ichu New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Thanks for all contributions to this topic.
    I'm now cool with the sf adjuster from any page.
    It's working fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.