1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Work is flowing in and property values are going up!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Kristina Ledesma, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristina Ledesma

Kristina Ledesma Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    Dozed off yesterday and had a cruel dream that I was swamped with work and property values were on the rise. I had more orders than I knew what to do with. Then I woke up at 4am, ran to checked my email (just in case) and there was nothing (of course-it was 4 in the morning-duh!). It's been going on 10 days here and not one new order. Things have been tough for the last few years here in Michigan, would be nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometime soon.

What is so sad is there are potential buyers here, that have good credit and a savings. But they are still renting because they are too afraid to make a move.

2. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    West coast here Kristina, they don't call until 5AM. I get calls, they are either comp checks or skippy beats me on the turn time :(

3. Kristina Ledesma

Kristina Ledesma Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Catch 22, over here on the midwest/east coast those in the west coast aren't done working until 8pm our time. I won't play the value check game, so they don't even bother calling anymore.

4. TEL2002

TEL2002 Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Louisiana
    July & August were sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooower than molasses in January. I have been slammed with work in September. Mostly REO's

5. Tom Woolford

Tom Woolford Elite Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida

Can I come live and work with you for a while?

6. Kristina Ledesma

Kristina Ledesma Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Yea me too, I don't live far away......will work for food :) I am so stinking slow I don't know what to do with myself! I can tar a mean driveway and grout a tub with the best of them! But the savings is dwindling at the speed of light! Ahhhhhhh! :Eyecrazy:

7. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    Been steady with reviews and once in a while a 1004. But every day there is a message or two on the phone that some one is calling to give me an appraisal order. But by the time I call them the next morning. It been given away. I even leave my cell number so they can still reach me the same day. I guess they figure if I am out and about and not waiting for the phone to ring I am too busy for them to call me on my cell and give me the order. You know they want it in a flash a NY sec. what ever that is. I think they want it like our bunnies do it at the ranch.

Then of course there is the comp check like came in yesterday on the cell. I have a home on 2nd st. in the town of Adams. Do you think you could get 3M for it. Hells Bells most homes in Adams you would be good to get $24K for one. Needless to say I did not get the order. And I sure have not seen a $3M home in Adams.

8. Sunshine in VA

Sunshine in VA Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Virgin Islands
    I feel truly blessed in the current market.

I acquired a client last year that has grown into three franchises that keep me busy.

I am meeting with the owner of another company Monday that the same client recommended me to.

I also get orders from the firm I work for.

Just finished a writing up a 1004 tonight, have another two 1004s to write up as well as two draws to inspect and write up before midnight on Monday.

9. G-man

G-man Member

Feb 4, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    I've been busy, thank goodness

Been through enough slow times, I'm almost enjoying being too busy. Maintenance around the homestead is getting deferred. I have one order just north of Monroe today, along with three other properties in the Toledo area. First Monroe job in awhile though. I hope to God it's not a manufactured home. This is for FHA, and I hate jumping through all the hoops for manf. houses. I was just reading how slow the Monroe market has been for higher end properties. I don't see it getting any better though.

10. Kristina Ledesma

Kristina Ledesma Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Either manufactured, on 40 acres and/or on a holding tank! :rof:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.