1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Xsites Order Manager

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by KYLECODY, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYLECODY

KYLECODY Senior Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Ok, I dont have or want an X site. I do send a lot of deals through Lighthouse. So I pay for Lighthouse $299 through ACI but then to pull Lighthouse from Wintotal I have to by their Xsite order manager for another $200? Is that right and is that annoying to anyone but me?? So it looks like, basicly, if I dont use their Xsite order manager my Lighthouse wont work through them????

2. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    Kyle,

X-site order manager is more than just a Lighthouse converter. It can convert several different types of delivery. If you are paying for Lighthouse, what is the difference in paying for x-site delivery?

3. Mutyger

Mutyger Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Missouri
    From what I've seen also, A La Mode is only promoting its X-sites members on its website for potential clients to see.

4. KYLECODY

KYLECODY Senior Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    My frustration lies in that you spend the money on Lighthouse....but then have to give Wintotal an extra kick $$ to get it to work through their system. I would think you should be able to buy one or another and have it work. But having to buy both is kind of being bent over.

5. Chris Colston

Chris Colston Elite Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Kyle your alternative is to not have the X-site manager (used to be known as Mercury Desktop) and BUY the entire package from ACI (not just the Lighthouse part) for those clients who insist on ACI's format. So then you would have two appraisal software programs that do almost the same thing...complete reports, get maps, insert photos, sketches, etc for awhole lot more $$$ than the X-Site Manager is going to cost you.

Why should AlaMode, who is the business of selling software, allow of us to convert to a competitor's software for free?? I think it's a wonderful thing that they wrote a conversion program at all. Otherwise you would be stuck with having to have 2 full versions of software or not work for those clients that insist on PDS files instead of PDF files or whatever other formats X-Site manager converts to.

BTW...I do not believe the X-site manager INCLUDES an "X-site web page", that's another expense. The X-site manager does allow X-Site web page owners to edit their pages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.