Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 05:22 PM

State: Indiana
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Google Adwords

Does anyone else utilize Google Adwords (or similar pay per click)?

I have utilized this function for years to gain market share relative to; 1) out of state users of commercial & industrial appraisal services for properties in Indiana, and 2) machinery & equipment appraisal service users for assignment opportunities thru-out the US.

Recently, I have noticed that my ROI in extremely low. I am very suspicious of "Click Fraud". Any applicable feedback would be appreciated!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 AM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I did a free 30-day trial of Adwords Express. Google gave me a $100 credit.

It was pretty much useless. With AWE you don't get to pick your own ad words- they do it for you. Somehow they had me under the jewelry appraiser category and that wasted a lot of the money. Additionally, the word "appraiser" is so generic that the vast majority of hits to my ad were from other types of appraising. I got all sorts of hits from the term 'real estate' also.

The way in which they used the $100 was interesting. There were very few hits during the beginning and middle of my campaign, with the majority of hits coming in the last week. It was as if though they needed to go through my money at the end in order to bill for another $100.

Google's customer service was useless. They never were able to get the term 'jewelry' removed from my account. After one month, I only had 8 people click through to my website and the cost per click for all inquires was around $6 which was outrageous.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:12 PM

State: New York
Professional Status: General Public

I've never done it myself, but I have a friend who uses it and it helps him a lot. However, he has a very small niche business and he has learned how to get the most out of using it.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:55 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Ad words can be useful - if you can find a good niche word or words. Appraisal - Appraisers NOT common and cost$$ -- results a hit looking for an appraiser out of your area. What are good ad words? perhaps a small town name w/appraiser/appraisal that you cover. Better yet -- work on your website -- and make it work for you. Google - other website to see what companies are listed on page one. (for your area)

Take careful notice which words or words they are using on the first page - Yiks Look at the content (but do not copy) and wording.

Hope this helps get you started.
Remember original content is king -- "goodle likieess content and backlinks"
Old 03-14-2012, 10:35 AM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I have a niche. I pay no one. Still get to top page of google searches - oil and gas appraiser will get me near the top ...mineral appraisal so so.. etc. It seems to generate about 400 eyeballs a month and 10-20 inquiries per month and I turn about 10% of those into work. High quality work since roughly half are tax lawyers or CPAs and those tend to become repeat customers
Old 03-15-2012, 02:54 PM

State: New York

I too got a $ 100. credit to try out, for 3 months I got nothing new.....
Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM

State: Colorado

The life age of internet gimmics to rise search placements are always limited.

Google changed the way it shows and analyzes page hits recently as well.

The typical internet engines have a tough time distinguishing "appraiser" without additional meaningful key words.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:48 PM

make sure to target only very specific local terms. You can also have your ads displayed within your city only. Most of my estate work comes from within my city, so if I miss a few from outside San Diego and save a ton of $$$ by not showing my ads all over the place and getting false clicks, then it is worth it to me.

use specific city name + appraisal or appraiser and make sure your website has the same keywords you are targeting in the text on the page to receive a discount and better ad placement.

Bryan
Old 04-30-2012, 04:58 PM

Professional Status: General Public

I love google adwords even though sometimes I feel like its eating my account, it works though. You need multiple marketing channels if you really want to be legit and adwords. ppc, facebook ppc its all gravy!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:23 PM

Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

We use it for our spa, (as I am no longer appraising). We get approximately sixty percent of our business from it. We use Adwords, not Adwords Express. Bryan touched on some of the more important points above with regard to targeting your ads. We specifically geotarget an area within a forty mile radius of the spa. Your options are pretty much limitless in this regard. You can either add, or remove specific zip codes, towns, cities and states. As for keywords - choose them carefully or you will get nailed. We use a lot of "key phrases," in addition to just keywords. For example, if we included the word massage in our keywords, we would get a large number of meaningless, (and expensive), clicks in no time. Using the phrase "kona massage" narrows it down for us, considerably. You can also choose from either "broad match" or "exact match" for any particular keyword or keyphrase. It takes some time getting used to the interface, and, IMO, it's not the most user-friendly thing around, but, it is pretty versatile once you know how to accomplish a specific task.

I don't know how effective Adwords would be for appraisal, as I stopped appraising the day before we opened the spa, but for us, it has proven invaluable. Good luck!
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread