Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Forum Business > Forum Help
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 AM

State: Oregon
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Pete, Calvin and Rex

Hey guys, thanks for hijacking my thread and turning it into your own cesspit. I posted a goofy request in a joking manner for all of us to have a good laugh about how brazen some of these AMC have become. You turned it into a lets bash anyone who isn't me thread and for that BRAVO!

None of you know me (even though I have the guts to post under my real name) and I somehow have been labelled a monkey, an idiot, and other less than savory names. We all get it, you're better than everyone, you're more "enlightened", you're smarter, you're richer, you're better spellers, you've got better clients, you have the time to write a thesis in every report, and, I assume, you must be better looking that the rest of us. Well from now on, stay out of my threads, the one thing you are not is perceptive. I was not whining in my thread by any definition, just sharing a fun email that I though all appraisers could enjoy with everything hitting our profession. If you disagree WE DON'T CARE! We don't need your snarky superior selves telling the rest of us how stupid we are. I didn't ask for that treatment, I don't deserve that treatment, and your conclusions about me are all wrong in every sense. Before you call people idiots, why don't you actually engage them in a conversation? I'll answer for you, 'cause you're stuck up know it alls who don't really care about anyone but themselves.

Just stop with the name calling and bashing and have a normal discussion or stay out of it....

Last edited by JasonHaskell : 04-12-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Supporting Member

State: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonHaskell View Post
Hey guys, thanks for hijacking my thread and turning it into your own cesspit. I posted a goofy request in a joking manner for all of us to have a good laugh about how brazen some of these AMC have become. You turned it into a lets bash anyone who isn't me thread and for that BRAVO!

None of you know me (even though I have the guts to post under my real name) and I somehow have been labeled a monkey, an idiot, and other less than savory names. We all get it, you're better than everyone, you're more "enlightened", you're smarter, you're richer, you're better spellers, you've got better clients, you have the time to write a thesis in every report, and, I assume, you must be better looking that the rest of us. Well from now on, stay out of my threads, the one thing you are not is perceptive. I was not whining in my thread by any definition, just sharing a fun email that I though all appraisers could enjoy with everything hitting our profession. If you disagree WE DON'T CARE! We don't need your snarky superior selves telling the rest of us how stupid we are. I didn't ask for that treatment, I don't deserve that treatment, and your conclusions about me are all wrong in every sense. Before you call people idiots, why don't you actually engage them in a conversation? I'll answer for you, 'cause you're stuck up know it alls who don't really care about anyone but themselves.

Just stop with the name calling and bashing and have a normal discussion or stay out of it....

Please accept my sincere apologies for hurting your feelings, high-jacking your thread and otherwise disturbing your calm.

FTR, I confess to being ignorant jackass, bald, old, over weight and overly irritable.

In the spirit of what we've become I will be starting a thread shortly about my difficulties in deciphering my cell phone bill, and another complaining about those kids up the street who won't stop playing on my lawn. I'm hoping to fit in better.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM

I accept only the word sincere from the above post...the rest of it was something less I suspect! Don't get me started on cell phone bills, and it's not the kids on my lawn that get me riled up its the neighbor's dog and his steaming presents that draw my ire!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Supporting Member

State: Ohio

Ah the cynical heart. We both understand it's a casualty of this business. But no, I do apologize.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin the Airedale View Post
Ah the cynical heart. We both understand it's a casualty of this business. But no, I do apologize.
Agreed...and thank you for the apology!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

If any user has a problem with another user violating our rules (such as name calling, thread hijacking (aka off topic posts), insulting another user, posting spam, and so forth, please use the "report post" icon from within the offending post. The report post icon is a triangle with a ! inside it and is located in the upper right hand corner of each post.

Reports are sent to all moderators and the first available one will deal with it. If a rules violation exists then an infraction is given. Points are assessed and after so many points the user is suspended (for repeated infractions).

Please make sure an actual rules violation exists before reporting a post! Do not report posts just because you do not agree with someone's opinion, or because you do not like them.

Our rules are here:
http://appraisersforum.com/rules.shtml

Moving to "forum help" and closing.
AppraiserSites.com - Appraiser Web Hosting - Get your Website
AppraisersForum.com Laser Store - Laser Measuring Tools

Need Forum Help? Send me a PM!
Don't tell me you don't have time for something you want to do, you have 24 hours a day just like everyone else!
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread