Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I use the signs to keep people from running out of the house asking me why I am taking pictures of their house. Works for me.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 PM

State: Tennessee

I used to have a sign with my company name and cell number but got tired of other drivers calling me yelling about my ****ty driving
Old 01-28-2012, 01:22 PM

State: Colorado

Concerning car magnets, I can't get the image out of my head of an army of bitter home owners chasing the driver with pitchforks and torches hurling rocks at the car of the Appraiser because their values came in "low".

We thought of magnets and wraps a while back, never moved forward with it. We mainly market through speaking engagements with local lenders groups, the rest is word of mouth.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:25 PM

State: Texas

The last time I saw a magnet sign on the side of a rig that read "REAL ESTATE APPRAISER" in big, black on white letters I literally laughed out loud.

It didn't help that it was on one of those oh so politically correct green Priuses (or however you spell that stupid cars' name).

Those green wienie cars remind me of miniature little Pontiac Azteks (the ugliest car in HISTORY).
Old 01-28-2012, 02:49 PM

State: Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexValuation View Post
The last time I saw a magnet sign on the side of a rig that read "REAL ESTATE APPRAISER" in big, black on white letters I literally laughed out loud.

It didn't help that it was on one of those oh so politically correct green Priuses (or however you spell that stupid cars' name).

Those green wienie cars remind me of miniature little Pontiac Azteks (the ugliest car in HISTORY).
I can't argue the fuel efficiency of the Prius (or their unbearably ugly design), but when I see one, I always think of the South Park expsode where their town becomes consumed by "smug" (ie smog) as a result of their proliferation. The hipocracy of those who own these cars (the ones who wear it as a badge of "I care more for the environment", not the "It costs me less to fuel my car" group) is maddening. From what I understand, those giant batteries are not recyclable and are pretty toxic for the environment. Which is worse, driving a gas or diesel powered vehicle for which most parts can eventually be recycled, or driving a Prius which is enviro-friendly until its toxic payload (battery) reaches the end of its econimic life? In either case the several billion folks in China and India could care less about the impact of their cars on the environment. The fraction of the worlds population who live in the US who believe that because they drive a hybrid vehicle the enviroment is saved is laughable.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 PM

State: California

I had signs on my truck a while back, although I don't think it got me any business, but it does help people from getting upset when you are taking a picture of their house.

and on a side note, the Aztek... Who wouldn't love a car that comes with a tent! 'Screw appraising, I'm going campin'!'
Old 04-21-2012, 11:20 AM

State: Ohio

You also better check with your auto insurance company. Magnets is one thing but if you paint or wrap your car they will either charge more for insurance of not insure it at all.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:52 PM

State: California
Professional Status: General Public

If it's your only channel of marketing you will be in trouble, but yes it works, you should have that advertisement on your car always. Flyering works, and having signs posted on chain link fences around town works too.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread