Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Moving an area with associated content

I have a complex sketch with four different levels (areas) and want to move two of the areas underneath the other two areas. I drag-select each area and use the CTRL-M command to be able to drag them to a new position on the sketch page. The problem is that none of the freeform lines or text gets moved with the areas. Any solutions?

This has been a tough day with Apex as somehow my software become unregistered. Then, the export sketch command would bring my sketch over with calculations- I could only export either the sketch or calculations. After several re-boots I finally got it to work.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2012, 08:00 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Pat,

Can you email me the sketch file so I can check it out, please?
On your integration issue, ca I have a tech call you. I'd like to know more about the circumstances.

TIA,

-Randall Garrett-
*Apex Software*

/end/
Old 04-22-2012, 08:08 PM

I've played around with it a little since then but will email the file to you shortly.

None of the export options gave me a nice sketch that filled up the width of the page. I eventually printed to a PDF file then rasterized the PDF file in Photoshop to resize it how I liked it, including redoing the header. Thank goodness I'm good at graphics
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 PM

Randall-- can you please provide your email address? thanks..
Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 AM

Hey Pat,

Sorry - thought you knew it. Will PM it to you.

-Ramdall Garrett-
*Apex Software*

/end/
Old 04-30-2012, 06:05 PM

Pat,

Sorry I could not sit in on the conference call the other day - I was out of the office, but I heard that Brian and Jonathan got you squared away and worked through the "Move Area w/Contents" function. Hope we get another chance to "meet" by webinar/Skype/whatever in the future! I was hoping to get you in on a beta team thing. I know you have a lot of long-term experience and I respect your views - even when we disagreed on the old "fonts" thing, LOL (inside joke.) I think you'll like how we are handling that stuff in the new products.

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM

I got the areas to move but still had an issue with the sketch not centering when it's brought over to Total2011. Hopefully they're still working on that as it happened again with a new sketch.

Don't get me doing on the font issue. Today I finished a sketch and got all the fonts to be the same precise size of 13.25. That was at least until I zoomed out to look at my fonts and they were now 8.87pts in size.

It brings new meaning to absolutely relative.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:55 AM

Pat,

I will ask Brian and Jonathan to stay in touch with you on the sketch centering thing, so try to save off a few representative example sketches from time to time (Save as... to a temp folder) so we have some files to look at, test with, etc. Would be good to have ones that work as expected and ones that do not. I will first dig through the raw files and look for items that may be causing the program to incorrectly calculate the bounding rect used for centering, but I'll also work with Robert to interface directly with ALM to see if the image insert in T2011 is misinterpreting the underlying EMF/WMF. Hopefully, the issue is in the Apex code, but anytime you work with EMFs demoting to WMF, you're getting into some pretty arcane Windows imaging handles stuff. I THINK this is the root of the problem in an "image size" issue in the NCV forums, but on the other hand we know that tens or even hundreds of thousands of sketches a day are done without issue, so maybe the issue you are seeing is something else. Anyway, my curiosity is up on this and I want to know WHY it is happening, however rare.

Yeah, the fonts thing has "CAD" to thank for the funky scaling. This was changed in newer engine stuff, but you may not see it in an appraiser product before Apex v6 or the Android version of MobileSketch which use newer generations of our underlying CAD engine. So, a change is coming and for now the best we can do in older engines is to mitigate the steps/hassles with UI tools, etc.

Hope this helps. Hope to be on-line with you next time. Thanks again for helping us find and sort out this issue!

-Randall Garrett-
*Apex Software*

/end/
Old 05-01-2012, 10:29 AM

I'll hold on to some representative files. I was almost thinking about putting a phantom object like just a small line somewhere outside of the expected bounded box in order to trick it into centering. Not an elegant solution, but would probably work.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread