Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Running an Appraisal Business
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:04 PM

State: Maryland
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Update:Amc just sent a message. They want the report done as on a 1004 form subject to the removal of 2 of the full kitchens and converting the property back to a single family residence. The removal of the 2 stoves and the opening of a wall to an existing lower level staircase would suffice. In no time it could converted right back to it's current illegal use and there would be no other property like it in the area? The floor plan would now be functionally obsolescent. Any thoughts? Calling FHA tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 PM

State: Arizona

Calling FHA is a very good idea. Do you have a very detailed floor plan with interior walls, doorways, kitchens and baths clearly noted, etc to include in the report? That detailed floor plan will explain to any reader exactly what is going on. I would recommend it for your own protection.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM

State: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Ann Meyer Stratton View Post
Calling FHA is a very good idea. Do you have a very detailed floor plan with interior walls, doorways, kitchens and baths clearly noted, etc to include in the report? That detailed floor plan will explain to any reader exactly what is going on. I would recommend it for your own protection.
I talked to my contact today at FHA who told me not to do the report as instructed by the lender and the amc and that if the parties had any further questions to contact him/her at FHA directly. Billing for an inspection fee and moving on.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:53 PM

State: New York

Thar ya go. Hope you get paid.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 PM

State: New York

In my market in certain ethic neighborhoods in the city, have kitchens or at least a stove and a sink, and it is almost customary to market.
Think about making lots of pasta in the summer time 90 degree heat above ground, or boiling potatos and corned beef all day. I've had lenders insist the 2nd stove be removed, even if it is somewhat common.
But 3 kitchens on a 1004 stay away, far away. If you really need the $$$ do it BUT photo everything, sketch everything, cover your a... from future problems.

Closed Thread