Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:
 
 
Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > FHA/HUD and VA
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #71  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Mr Rex's Avatar
Mr Rex Mr Rex is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: X Marks the spot
State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Posts: 25,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholz12 View Post
That fact that my questions and observations were called:
1. pot shots 2. 'the blind leading the blind 3. Because I made a comment that perhaps Realtors should lobby for same treatment VA gets I am told that I am advocating for Realtors...
Yes, some of the comments extremely immature.
and, actually, I think I am owed an apology.
If there is a select group of borrowers that are due rules slightly different than the rest of the populace, its Veterans. Go to a funeral where they play taps and the man's combat boots and helmet are sitting in front of the casket and you might grow to appreciate the TI more. I dunno.
__________________
You talking to me?
Sponsored Links

  #72  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:24 PM
nicholz12 nicholz12 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
State: Massachusetts
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rex View Post
If there is a select group of borrowers that are due rules slightly different than the rest of the populace, its Veterans. Go to a funeral where they play taps and the man's combat boots and helmet are sitting in front of the casket and you might grow to appreciate the TI more. I dunno.

Please, my father fought in WWII... hand to hand combat...and, of course I repect veterans, as I had said in my previous post
(no disrepect to Veterans)...

I do have a problem though w/ people writing remarks, and name calling, that I do have a problem with... it has absolutely nothing to do with Veterans.
People that are supposed to be professional especially on a post forum where you really don't see body language, facial expressions etc....

I certainly hope when you or anyone instructing in your classes doesn't throw out phrase like the 'the blind leading the blind.
And, further more I have taught, I would never say something like that to a student. Simply unprofessional.
  #73  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Calvin the Airedale's Avatar
Calvin the Airedale Calvin the Airedale is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lower Slobovia
State: Ohio
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Posts: 7,459
Default

Let's all step back from the edge and take ourselves, our egos, our careers, and all our best intentions a little less seriously.

I have nothing but the deepest respect, admiration and affection for my many esteemed peers on this forum. God bless you all!

Nicolz12, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an apology.

The forum is more like the lunch room I had back at the bank I worked in as a youth. A place to shoot the breeze, get a cup of coffee and kick around ideas.
__________________
Vincit qui patitur (he who endures conquers).

Last edited by Calvin the Airedale : 04-25-2012 at 04:40 PM.
  #74  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Mr Rex's Avatar
Mr Rex Mr Rex is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: X Marks the spot
State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Posts: 25,232
Default

Get over it man, Don is like a brazillion years old (no disrespect intended Don) and his comments to you are the equivalent of your grandfather yelling at the local kids to get the hell off his lawn.
__________________
You talking to me?
  #75  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM
nicholz12 nicholz12 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
State: Massachusetts
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Posts: 833
Default

Ok ... guess I'll cool off now that I got that off my chest.
  #76  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Mike Garrett, RAA's Avatar
Mike Garrett, RAA Mike Garrett, RAA is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
State: Colorado
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Posts: 20,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Pete View Post
?????????? Geez, some people won't let go of the Catholic church's scandal--is it now degrading to be called a priest?

Seriously--have often referred to USPAP as the appraiser's bible. It controls are activities and clues us in as to what is right and what is wrong.

It's a metaphor for goodness sake. Lighten up indeed!
And, you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

My comments had nothing to do with the catholic church. I was raised catholic, served as an alter boy and attended a monastic school. Have been actively involved in my church for years.

One cannot help but take the comment calling USPAP a religion and it's instructors priests a slam. Suggests someone blindly following something other than science...in my opinion.

USPAP is what it is and we have to live with it. Those of us who teach or have taught it should do so with being well versed in it's content and intention. Unless you have been through what it takes be in that position you will never understand what is required of the instructor.

Over the years, on this forum, there has been a certain faction that goes out of their way to belittle USPAP and it's instructors. Those are, quite often, those who call themselves appraisers but do very little work as such. It's a sad state of affairs for the most part.
__________________
A Former AQB Certified USPAP Instructor
  #77  
Old 04-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Pittsburgh Pete's Avatar
Pittsburgh Pete Pittsburgh Pete is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
State: Pennsylvania
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Posts: 10,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett, RAA View Post
And, you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

My comments had nothing to do with the catholic church. I was raised catholic, served as an alter boy and attended a monastic school. Have been actively involved in my church for years.

One cannot help but take the comment calling USPAP a religion and it's instructors priests a slam. Suggests someone blindly following something other than science...in my opinion.

USPAP is what it is and we have to live with it. Those of us who teach or have taught it should do so with being well versed in it's content and intention. Unless you have been through what it takes be in that position you will never understand what is required of the instructor.

Over the years, on this forum, there has been a certain faction that goes out of their way to belittle USPAP and it's instructors. Those are, quite often, those who call themselves appraisers but do very little work as such. It's a sad state of affairs for the most part.
I can certainly help it--not how I view my religion. Religion dictates behavior and that's what USPAP does. I never considered the metaphor a slam but rather elevating USPAP to its key role in our profession.

Have to make fun of one my all time favorite typos--you were an alter boy? What were you before you were altered?

BTW--I don't think Calvin belittles USPAP. I know that there are many that belittle it and I suspect that is because they have such little understanding of its content and intent. Calvin, however, isn't one of them.
__________________
All our knowledge brings us nearer to our ignorance--T.S. Eliot
  #78  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
fritzvogel's Avatar
fritzvogel fritzvogel is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Albany, NY
State: New York
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Posts: 1,616
Default

Next topic please.... USGRAP is something I would newer want to teach, really never to NEW appraisers that don't know how to appraise let alone deal with USPAP. You should get paid extra teaching a class of newbees. To much gargan, volumes of text and an ever changing focus, lawyers don't have than and NEVER have to take cont. ED esp. USPAP.
__________________
FHA-HUD-VA-USDA-ERC Trained & Approved
A professional in applicants mind until value comes in low.
  #79  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Pittsburgh Pete's Avatar
Pittsburgh Pete Pittsburgh Pete is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
State: Pennsylvania
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Posts: 10,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzvogel View Post
Next topic please.... USGRAP is something I would newer want to teach, really never to NEW appraisers that don't know how to appraise let alone deal with USPAP. You should get paid extra teaching a class of newbees. To much gargan, volumes of text and an ever changing focus, lawyers don't have than and NEVER have to take cont. ED esp. USPAP.
Someone in the midst of happy hour or is an earthquake causing your keyboard to move?

Lawyers take continuing ed.
__________________
All our knowledge brings us nearer to our ignorance--T.S. Eliot
  #80  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Mr Rex's Avatar
Mr Rex Mr Rex is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: X Marks the spot
State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Posts: 25,232
Default

The hardest thing about USPAP is saying the full name while inebriated. Spit tends to fly. Otherwise, get it or get out. MHO.
__________________
You talking to me?
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump




Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
     Terms of Use  Privacy Policy
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at AppraiserSites.com

Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:
Partner Sites:
AppraiserUSA.com - National Appraiser Directory AllDomainsUSA.com - Domain Name Registration
DeadbeatListings.com - Deadbeat ListingsAppraiserSites.com - Web Hosting for the Professional Real Estate Appraiser
Find FHA Appraisers - FHA Appraiser Search Commercial Appraisers - Commercial Appraiser Search
Relocation Appraisal - Find Relocation Appraisers Domain Reseller - Business Opportunity
Home Security Buzz - Home Security Info Radon Testing - Radon Gas Info
My Medicare Forum - Medicare Info Stop Smoking Help - Help Quitting Smoking
CordlessPhoneStore.com - Great Cordless Phones AndroidTabletCity.com - Android Tablet Computers

Follow AppraisersForum.com:          Find us on Facebook            Follow us on Twitter


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

SiteMap: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93