Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Urgent - Help Needed
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:32 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee
Default open space land comps needed for San Bernardino County

Anyone have any recent leads or sources to obtain vacant open space land in San Bernardino County particularly in Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Etiwanda or surrounding communities.

I have tried CoStar, MLS and NDC.

Let me know.

Thank you

Ernie
Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2006, 12:51 AM

Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Hi Ernie

Not quite sure what you are asking but here are some potential leads.

Is there an Agricultural Land Trust in your area? They buy development rights from ranchers effectively creating private open space.

Is there a community open space district at the county level?

Check with the Assessor, they may have a searchable use code for open space.

Good luck!

Old 02-24-2006, 07:55 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

If you were hired to estimate market value, the MV has to be based on a H&BU analysis. The H&BU has to be based on an economic, market-driven use, not open space sales. Even if your client is a non-profit, or conservation group, the value should not be affected by that fact.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:05 AM

Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Ernie,

First, Etiwanda is a part of Rancho Cucamonga (officially). It was combined 27years ago along with Alta Loma (where I live) and Cucamonga (sans the rancho) into Rancho Cucamonga. Mail can be addressed to either Rancho Cucamonga or to Alta Loma or Etiwanda.

I would not use sales in Fontana as there can be a big differenjce in value due to locational appeal. I'd stay west of the 15 and pay close attention to the N-S main streets like Baseline and Foothill and Banyan or Wilson. Normally, the further north into the foothills, the greater the value.

There are tons of new or recent subdivisions built over the last few years and you can measure the time adjustments as well if you find nothing really recent.

ID those new subdivisions and visit the San Berna-doo-doo assessor's office if you do not have another source like First American or Dataquick that will let you search back in time.

Good luck- omigod, even more construction! Rancho was the 3rd fastest growth city over 100,000 just a few years ago and now has about 140,000 population.

Brad
Old 02-25-2006, 11:18 AM

Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

Thanks for the quick reponses.

I am actually going to assessor's on Monday. The reason I need open space or ag land comps is because the subject site is zoned AG for ag land; I am trying to estimate the value for easement purposes; only a portion of the overall site will be used for drainage easement.

I did check the subdivisions and they are zoned eithier zoned R1, RR or some form of residential. Thanks for give me an insight as to Etiwanda and Rancho Cucamonga that is goo info know.

Let me know if personally have any comps for that area...greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread