Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:14 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Renewals

Can someone pm me or email me with information on renewal of the elite bundle for 12 months? Do not post this information on the forum.

1.) How much did you pay?

2.) How long ago?

I've heard rumors of the prices people have paid, but it does not seem to line up with the sales guy I talked to.

Do not post this information here. Thanks,
Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2006, 06:25 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdifranco
Can someone pm me or email me with information on renewal of the elite bundle for 12 months? Do not post this information on the forum.

1.) How much did you pay?

2.) How long ago?

I've heard rumors of the prices people have paid, but it does not seem to line up with the sales guy I talked to.

Do not post this information here. Thanks,
Joseph --

Almost everyone's Elite price is different, because they have different dates of purchase on their prior products, for which they get pro-rated credit against the regular Elite price.

Everyone starts out with the exact same top-line Elite price for a one year subscription. The differing pro-rated credits is what changes the bottom line, which is exactly what you'd expect. (If we gave someone the same credit for a two-month Vault credit that someone else gets for a 10-month Vault credit, or if we did no credit at all, then you'd probably have something to gripe about.)

The salesperson can provide you an exact breakdown of your Elite pricing. Or, you can simply downgrade from Elite and buy the individual parts separately as you see fit. That eliminates the credit process and makes the charges more clear, but of course it also means you get multiple bills throughout the year and the unit price per product is higher. But if there are parts of Elite that you don't use, you may be better off overall if you look at renewing only the parts that matter the most to you.

Dave Biggers
Chairman
a la mode, inc.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:27 AM

State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Joseph,

My pricing is different I imagine then some other people because I have totally mobilized my operations even though I usually work from two fixed locations.

My trainee has a bare bones wintotal with a seperate license in her laptop and I have more features and a seperate license in my laptop because I am the one who transmits all reports and I am the boss!

I take advantage of Dave's trade shows and occasional promotional offerings as often as possible. For example, I was able to get a good price on APEX because I bought two licenses as opposed to one during a promotion.

Several years ago at one of Dave's convention/parties I purchased a new laptop from Dell who offered the Alamode corporate price if I bought it right then and there. I would have been a fool to not take advantage of that oppurtunity. Especially since my laptop fried just before arriving in Las Vegas.

There are ways to save a little money. Most importantly, I never let it get in the way of having the right equipment or tools for my practice all the time.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:40 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I suppose it was pro rated renewal pricing which gave me the wrong impression (thought it was cheaper). I don't use all of the bundle, so I've been evaluating what I should and should not get.

Thanks guys,
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread