Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 02:05 AM

State: Washington
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Thumbnail photos in Desktop files list

Aurora has a neat feature that puts a thumbnail of the subject's front photo in the expanded info when you click the [+] box........

...but only if you use the standard 3 photo Subject Photo page in your report!

I very seldom use that page as I include more photos as necessary. Typically I use the 6 photo page as the primary subject photos page, and add either another 6 photo or a 4 photo page as backup. This results in fewer photo pages the client has to print out.

When these optional photo pages are used the front photo thumbnail does not transfer to the Desktop list.

I have sent a notice about this to the support folks.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2006, 06:45 AM

State: Georgia
Default 3+6

Keen observation. I have been using the 3-photo page for the main subject photos (front, rear, street) and add a 6-photo interior exhibit to show the interior condition. No issues with the thumbnails up until recently where it doesn't show up if the report is "fresh"; later after a re-start, it appears.
Is it a Halloween trick?

Old 11-12-2006, 07:09 PM

State: Washington

I posted this situation to the ALM support web site, and rec'd a call back.

ALM is aware of this 'problem' as other appraisers had reported it earlier than me.

Per the techie, a future update might have a fix which will allow the tumbnail to be applied.

ALM programmers.........just make new multi-photo per page (4 or 6) 'subject' photo pages that have the front view the upper left photo as a default location so that the ALM program knows which photo to use for the tumbnail. Then make sure we users know the difference between the photo pages that don't transfer a thumbnail.

Dave
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread