Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 12:03 PM

Default some bugs

anyone else getting a big ol "Edit" button upon opening a report? It looks like a windows button with the word "Edit" in it. It looks like the edit button in the order powerview but bigger.

Also in the order powerview when first creating a report, when typing in the name of the owner is anyone having the cursor jump to the beginning right after the first letter is typed? So for ex if I type in John I get ohnJ. It happens everytime for me when I create a new report.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2006, 12:15 PM

State: Georgia
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default more bugs

yeah, all that and then some.

Right now the most annoying bug for me is the fact that while I am typing (anywhere on the report) the application focus is stolen by the wintotal desktop. I have to manually get the focus back on the form to finish typing. I type like 4 wpm when in the forms, so that I don't make a stupid mistake or miss the weird errors caused by Aurora-mation.

Using Aurora has been a real challenge!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:17 PM

yah thats pretty annoying.. i wish wintotal wouldn't steal the focus and just flash the window in the taskbar if it needs your attention.

another thing thats really annoying is when you're typing in a new report in the order powerview and right after you type in the address that stupid slider thing in the top right has to tell u there are 250 reports nearby. It has crashed my wintotal app countless times right during the sliding process.. and there's no way to turn it off! WTF. I swear.. they make some really stupid ass decisions with the User Interface.

The hoverlinks thing.. I wish there was a way to turn that crap off too. Its dumb, ugly, and I never use it.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:43 PM

oh and i love how click "save" then close the report right after that and it asks you if you want to save. shouldn't it be intelligent enough to know that you just saved it and didn't change a thing?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:54 AM

after the report is signed and I try to click on the tabs at the bottom of the page like "Subject" , "Signature", etc.. it just jumps up to the top of the very first form.. its done this ever since I've had it.. just never complained about it. Seriously these are minor bugs but alamode has had a yr or more to fix them. It kind of sucks that Wintotal is probably the best appraisal software out in the mkt..
Old 12-19-2006, 10:23 AM

State: Colorado
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I want an appraisal program that drives like a "Honda"--just the basics--with tight fit and finish. Aurora is like a 1960's Cadillac with unnecessary bells and whistles..one or two of the power windows don't work, the electric seats don't work, and some of the chrome comes loose and blows off as I'm driving down the Interstate.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:44 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I feel left out because I don't have any of the problems mentioned. I must be doing something wrong!

Oops. Shouldn't have said that out loud...........

I like the hover links function. Linking to the various public web sites I need is quicker and more efficient.

I don't use all the features of Aurora, but I sure like the ones to which I have become accustomed.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread