Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:04 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Medina-export sketch into WinTotal

Hi fellow WinTotal users-
I just purchased the new Medina version of Apex and a new license of WinTotal. Since 11/1/06, apex doesn't integrate with new licenses of WinTotal. To get the sketch into my reports now, I create them in Medina and select "data export" and drag and drop the image to a blank sketch page in WinTotal. It looks awful! lines are faint and broken. Has anyone used this method yet? any suggestions? I sincerely hope Medina and ala mode integrate this quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2007, 09:16 AM

State: Georgia
Default bad omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Garrett
It just wasn't a good fit for us. Still, since most people already have Apex integrated with WinTOTAL™, they should not be adversely affected since (from what docs/posts I have seen indicate) a la mode isn't removing integration with Apex from Aurora™ (and I guess Athena™.)

Stay tuned, this IMO, this needs to be seen. I am worried about support on the alamode side, since that is the side that changes and bugs are introduced. I never had any issues with Apex.

Quote:
As for technical support on our programs, we are more than happy to support our products and we will certainly put Apex up against any other sketch program for features, price/value, support, etc. Competition is a good thing and we believe you should be able to use whatever program YOU find to be the best fit for your practice.

Thank you, very reassuring. No one likes to be left 'drifting' when it comes to product support. I noticed no comment regarding this issue from alamode.

Quote:
As to whether a la mode will continue to support the integration and for how long, that remains to be seen but I'd find it hard to believe that they would want to explain to customers why something you bought from them was removed, blocked, or whatever.

Spoken like a gentleman, but simply not true.

1. Alamode yanked desktop billing with the intro of xsites. Users let them know how they felt about that.
2. About a year ago, they told users they were putting it back, oh so candidly to make it sound like it was only a matter of decision.
3. About a week ago, (only a year later) they announce that xsite billing and desktop billing will be independent.
Who can make sense out of these impromptu decisions? They have had NO user input for the above decisions. AFAI am concerned, alamode's decision makers are as stable as Kim Jong-Il and his missiles' tests.

Quote:
All in all, we are striving for a smooth transition for customers upgrading from Apex v3 to Apex v4 in the fee appraisal side of things, as it is in the other markets and I believe this is what you'll see. I had reports of some early glitches when a la mode first started rolling out new code for their VIP program, but that is to be expected early on and my folks tell me that those calls have dropped off now as the VIP stuff was honed. If you have any Apex support issues, please feel free to contact us - we are most happy to help in any way we can.

Good to hear you say this, since I really like what I see on the features of Medina. It remains to be seen how well Medina will work with Wintotal/Aurora (influenced by VIP thingy)

If it does not work, it would just give me one more pain in the arse too many.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:14 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Dona:

I'd like to have someone from my staff work with you on the Data Export side. There are several levels of quality and what you see on your screen is far from how it will look in the final output. Nevertheless, we've pumped up the resolution in this Area to give you more options.

Another option that works very well is Print to PDF. Doing so gives you (hands down) the best quality sketch output. You can then attach your PDF to your report. Once they've seen it work, quite a few Appraisers have commented on liking it as much if not more than what they had before.

As far as official integration with a la mode... All I can share at this time is we are still talking with them. We will refrain from making any comments on this until we have something more "official" to announce.

Please send me a private email with your contact information at your earliest convenienve, so we can reach you ASAP.

Thank you for the feedback. Keep it coming. It's how we continue to improve.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:36 AM

State: Georgia
Default Good Customer Service

I believe in good customer service by companies who sell wares to the public.
Any misleading ads or marketing languages should be quickly dealt with to the satisfaction of the customers.

This feud between alamode and apex is hurting customers on both sides because they are spending hard earned dollars without being properly informed.

It comes down to this: " Buyers Beware" ?
Due diligence is on the part of the buyer, as in any sales transaction. Appraisers should be above average consumers inherently associated with what we do on a daily basis.

As far as I see this on going drama of wintotal-apex integration both are at fault and only the current users are hurt.

Time saved in any part of the appraisal process is $$ gained. If alamode made an official announcement to the effect that a current customer can choose at will which sketching program to use with Wintotal, they should stand behind the claim and not sabotage a perfectly good vendor's efforts with a proven background and formerly fully endorsed.

Sheeeeeesh, now I know what kids go through in divorces.

PS. Anyone know of a good software integration counseling service?
Dr. "No" is not qualified.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Update

Thank you everyone for your responses.
Robert, I have sent you an email with my contact information. The printed copy of the sketch does look better than the screen view, but still not the quality that I desire/expect. I'm not sure where the issue lies with the integration but I have a feeling that it's with Ala mode, everytime I turn around, they are making my life more difficult and expensive!
Please correct me if my feelings on this are incorrect.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:16 PM

Thanks Dona! I'm responding to your email right now.

Thanks for writing!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:05 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

I posted the same problem in the Apex forum. The export into Aurora is horrible. I am still waiting to hear back from Apex!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:45 PM

Trent:

Someone will call you first thing in the morning. I apologize for the delay. We're happy to show you all the options.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Trent:

Which Forum did you say you posted in? The Apex Forums have been down for some time on our website while we make changes. I'd like to make sure we're not missing you somewhere... Again, my apologies for us not getting back to you on this.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Phone call?

Hi Robert,
I'm still waiting for a phone call ..)
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread