Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 07:53 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Letter size maps and sketches

Okay, it may be obvious, but I am missing it.

I can't seem to find a way to get a letter size map or sketch into the AI form. Anybody know how? I keep getting defaulted to a legal size.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2007, 08:35 AM

The only way I could ever figure it out, Wendy, was to email the report to myself and then print it to pdf letter size...
Old 01-12-2007, 01:01 PM

State: Colorado

Wendy, you and janet are not missing it....I love the AI report....but stray away from using it for this very reason. The way I handle it when I what the aggrevation is....

1 create map and sketch the way I usually do
2 Add a letter sized scanned document or other full sized Digital page
3 Right mouse click on the map or the Sketchfrom when in the Images power tab
4 Paste them into the letter sized page
5 change the mname of the new page

This has worked well enough for me, sometimes I will edit the picture by cropping to improve the appearance....

hope that helps until WINTotal gets these added.

Brad
Old 01-12-2007, 01:08 PM

State: North Carolina

You could print the legal size pages to PDF as letter size letting the print function reduce the pages, then combine with the letter size pages of the report. Another option would be get a trial copy of ClickFORMS and use the letter size pages provided. Hard to believe a la mode was so lax as to not provide the needed supplemental pages.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:27 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I use the "digital sketch page - letter" in the sketch pages directory, and then copy-drop from my map software and a separate pdf of my diagram. Rename the form at the top and you're done.

Last edited by George Hatch : 01-12-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the tips.

A La Mode - are you out there? How about we get letter size maps and sketches for the AI form. Can't be that hard to do.......
Old 01-13-2007, 10:31 PM

State: Ohio

Agreed. Alamode, can you please let us choose the form we import into instead of a default legal sized page.

Ii is fairly easy to cut and paste, but it does not seem to center well. Hopefully I will find a better way if it exists,

It is definitely a minor thing, but it would be good customer service. I think more and more people are going to be using Non-lender forms with the lending work being way down.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:08 AM

State: New Jersey
Default Lettter Size

When you click on "print", you get the list of all of the forms in your report.

You get to select which pages you wish to print.

There is a link you can also click on within that box called "printer options".

When you go to printer options (you have to pick the printer printing the page you have selected, in case you are using two different printers) you will see a box showing "100%".

Just reduce that "100%" to about "78%" and you will get a reduced image, one which will fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 letter page. You can also play with the margins to get the look and the centering you want.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:24 AM

State: California

Are you saying that the AI forms suite in your software doesn't have it's own map, sketch, and exhibit addendum pages or that when you create your maps and sketches in the normal fashion and then put them in the AI letter size addendum cells they're too big (defaulting to legal size)?

If the images are just too big, you should be able to select "cell preferences" which should allow you several options such as "fit to page" or "keep aspect ratio" or "center on pge" as well as reduce or enlarge the size of the image. Using these tools, you should be able to make any graphic fit properly in the cell.

If your forms software doesn't have the correct addendum pages for the AI forms, I'd complain.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:25 PM

State: Ohio

Greg

They have letter sized pages that you can put into the file, but the integration with APEX and the mapping database default to a legal sized format. You can copy and paste and then play with them to get them centered, but it is kind of a pain and somewhat technical for some appraisers.

I like ALAmode and I don't think this has been a big issue for them, so I don't want to "complain", but I do think It would be a good feature to be able to chose to "integrate" it directly to a letter sized page.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread