Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 11:16 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Wintotal testamonials from small to mid size companies

I am considering moving to Wintotal (Aurora). I have been using it for my files for a couple of weeks now. As with any new program, there is a learning curve, but it hasn't been too bad.

I have a residential appraisal company with5 staff (employee) appraisers, another 5 or so independent contractors adn a couply administrative support staff.

I have been reading up on WinTotal here whicxh has been helpful. I'm looking for experiences regarding Aurora from companies that may have a similar profile as mine.

The good, the bad and the ugly, especially regarding Xsites and Xsellerate.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2007, 10:23 PM

State: Florida

Tony,

Tell us something more: What are you using now, and why are you thinking about changing?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:32 PM

I'm an Aurora cheerleader. I love it. Really, I do.

But, I only accept work thru the xsite and I don't have any employees...
Old 01-17-2007, 01:12 AM

Hi Thomas...I currently use Bradford, Peachtree, TAC, a windows directory, Outlook, my own website that I made with MS Frontpage, A mass emailing program and maybe one or two other programs to do what Wintotal/Aurora seem to be able to do.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:28 AM

State: Texas

Aurora is fine now, but I am like Janet. I have an x-site, but my current clients don't use it. I am a Lone Ranger. I am not sure who she is.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:34 AM

State: Arkansas

Tony

While we are only a two person shop, I think I can help with a few things.
1. Setup and deployment over a network is easy and quick. You can manage all updates, directfax, and vault process from one pc, the server, or assign different tack to different people.
2. With a staff like that, I will assume that there are times when more than one person will work on a file, If that is the case, the Status buttons are great. You have 4 different colors to choice from. This allows you to know at what stage of the process the assignment is in. (we use status to let us know which files have the photos in them, which one have comps in them, which one have been sent, and of course what has not been started)
3. Status buttons also make the phone monkeys happy, because anyone can look at a file and without opening it know what is going on.

We have been using it for over a year, and I can not think of anything bad, but then again, I donít use all the features (like xsellerate) and most of our clients will not use the xsite.

If you have specific questions I would be more than glad to try to answer them.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Hicks (Texas)
I am a Lone Ranger.
I love it when you wear the mask...
Old 01-17-2007, 05:02 PM

Tony,

Because you have so many people working for you, I think you'll like Aurora. I personally think it's designed for multiple users, but someone representing the a la mode firm said that's not so.

ClickForms is so much more direct and simple than Aurora that you and your people may have trouble making the switch. I would say that Aurora is more "elegant", and with elegance comes complexity. Sometimes, the screen you are looking at in Aurora is absolutlly inscrutable. It's sort of like the designers made it intentionally difficult, as a sort of intelligence test. They are getting away from that now.

I think you'll just have to risk spending some money to really find out if it's for you.

Regards,
Old 01-17-2007, 07:46 PM

I have always thought Clickforms is just about as easy as it gets...no bells and whistles, just does the report. They don't event have a network version.

Unfortunately, that just doesn't serve our purposes anymore.

I guess as far as appraisers go, it's a form filling program and anyone can get used to it after a while.

I gues I am more interested in peoples experience with the "bells and whistles"...like Xsites adn Xsellerate. I would love to hear what people think of the reporting functions and Quickbooks integration.

It's interesting that there have been some people in this thread saying thier clients won't use Xsites...

Does anyone care to comment on why not?

Thanks to all for the replys
Old 01-17-2007, 10:50 PM

State: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blackburn

It's interesting that there have been some people in this thread saying thier clients won't use Xsites...

Does anyone care to comment on why not?

Thanks to all for the replys
Most of the clients who will not use it already have an ordering and tracking system they are required to use. The xsite is outside of the allowed ordering process for them.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread