Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:59 AM

State: Rhode Island
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Any Alamode Specials?

Alamode used to offer $100 off coupon specials on services of $200 or more. With appraisal business down so much, has anyone seen any current offers from the company? My contract comes up for renewal in the coming weeks, and I'm not buying without an incentive.
Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2007, 10:38 AM

State: Washington

Brian,

I received this email from a la mode yesterday regarding a discount. I don't know of any other specials running right now...

Quote:
To: Our Customers
Re: Ice Storm Status

I wanted to let all of you know that the Oklahoma ice storm you've probably heard about on the news has been a big challenge to a lot of people in our state, but all of our employees are fine. We sent everyone home at noon last Friday to be with their families and make preparations for the storm, but the eastern part of the state was hit much worse than we were here in Oklahoma City. So, our facilities and people are all safe and sound. Our customer support center maintained a skeleton crew in our call center and the rest of the shifts worked from home so we never fell behind on our customer support calls. But, our sales team received way more voice mail messages than we ever want our customers to have to leave and we're in the process of returning all of those calls.

We thought of a way you can help us catch up with returning those calls and save you some money in the process. If you're about to renew one of your services or purchase one of our add-on products like Vault or XSellerate, if you'll order it online it will really help our sales people return calls to other customers. And, if you'll order online we'll give you an additional $15 off on top of the normal $20 discount we always give customers who order online. This $35 discount is to show you our appreciation for helping us catch up with our calls.

Between now and Tuesday, January 23rd, click on www.alamode.com/appraiser and enter ICESTORM for the promo code to get a $35 discount on your order. Obviously, if you do have any questions or need help, please call us at 1-800-ALAMODE, because like I said, we're all back on the phones now and ready to take your call. We fully intend to be caught up with returning all of our calls by the end of the week.

Thanks for your help and as always, thanks for your business.

Sean Shiplet
Old 01-31-2007, 03:29 PM

State: Ohio
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Default No $100 off coupon this year

I was looking for the same thing. My contract expires today. It is usually offered in January, so it looks like they will not have it this year.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:34 PM

State: Florida

Looks like they read this forum here ya go http://www.alamode.com/common/store/appraisers.aspx
$100 off purchase of $199 or more enter the code SAVE100 at the checkout.

Clint VanNest
Old 02-01-2007, 03:06 PM

State: Georgia
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

We've got a local Alamode dealer, and many have found him to be much more easy to deal with.

John Smithmyer

alamode@smithmyer.com
404-402-8930
Old 02-03-2007, 08:52 AM

*$100 discount offer applies to retail prices of $199 or higher and will be applied to your total order. Discount cannot be used for your product/service renewals only.

In the past, you could use the coupon toward any renewal.
Since money is tight, I don't think that I will be renewing this year.
$350 seems very expensive to me for the Silver renewal.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:28 AM

State: North Carolina

There is always a discount for purchasing through the web site.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:16 AM

Yes, there is a $20 discount if you order online.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:37 AM

State: Washington
Default No Wintotal Special

I just tried to renew my measly little Silver membership and no go on the $100 coupon... just what exactly is this great offer for then? Vault? Xsites? Just another carrot for nothing... The only need I have from Wintotal is the location and flood map info. I've been experimenting and found many alternative ways to satisfy these needs without forking over the $350 fee. I can truly count on one hand the times I've used the tech support, also.

I've always said that Alamode just doesn't really care about us "one guy" shops. They cater and design specifically for the large appraisal firms with a large staff and high networking needs. Just MHO...

Terry
Old 02-04-2007, 06:49 PM

State: Wisconsin

I would call and negotiate. I did and I got a heck of a deal. I'm a one guy shop.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread