Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:12 AM

State: Arizona
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Default Help me turn OFF my Vault auto-sending

Hi all! I let my Wintotal contract expire in Nov. because business has been too slow, but I'm still using the software for the occasional appraisal that does trickle in. I used to use the Vault, and Wintotal still tries to go check for new files to back-up nightly, and because I'm no longer a Vault customer, it returns an error message. I can't find a way to turn off this nightly thing, and because I didn't renew, I have no user name or number to get online support from Wintotal to ask them. I suppose I could call but I can imagine how long I'd wait for support, and what it might cost, being a non-customer. I can't get into the Vault/online/Xsite area at all, so if there's a way to turn it off in the desktop app, I'd love to find it! Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Hall McClenahan

Mary,
Open win total, from the desktop, (the screen where you chose wich report you want to open) there is a button that says net.X connect. It is usually three or four buttons to the right of (new) on the middle tool bar.

Without opening a file click on the button.

Uncheck the boxes and close out.

Hope it helps.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:44 AM

Thanks, Hall. I'll let you know if it works!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:20 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Hi Mary,
Haven't tried Hall's suggestion, but if that doesn't work, try:
1. Select the Microsoft green "start" button (bottom left of your screen)
2. Select-all programs
3. Select-a la mode vault
4. Select-configure vault
5. Continue through the screens until you reach - Enable scheduling
6. Change your selection to N0-I will manually send my files to the a la mode servers.

Hope that helps,
D
Old 01-20-2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks, Dona! I tried that on your suggestion, but about the third screen into the 'configure Vault' is a password login, so it won't let me past there. Hopefully Hall's idea took care of it.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:34 AM

I think Hall's solution took care of it.

Now, does anyone know how I can end those annoying pop-ups from Wintotal, asking me if I want to renew my subscription? I don't even have any of their software open, and I was greeted with a pop up this morning. I've been telling it 'no' for 3+ months! LOL
Old 01-21-2007, 09:40 AM

State: Florida
Default vault password

Hi Mary,
I am learning from your experience, if at some point I choose not to renew my maintenance. When you got to the vault configuration screen that asked for your password, did you enter your user ID and password? (the same one you used to use) Is that really true, if I or anyone else doesn't renew maintenance we can no longer access the vault space we purchased?
Good to know for future reference.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:51 AM

State: Virginia

Do you have your reports backed up (not just in your files within software program) in some manner other than the vault?
Some vendors delete your vault reports, after some period of time, if you do not renew.
Not certain about a la mode policy, but you may want to find out how long they stay in vault, without you renewing.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:45 AM

State: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Carter
I think Hall's solution took care of it.

Now, does anyone know how I can end those annoying pop-ups from Wintotal, asking me if I want to renew my subscription? I don't even have any of their software open, and I was greeted with a pop up this morning. I've been telling it 'no' for 3+ months! LOL
Hi Mary, in Athena turn off the "Guru" from running everytime Windows starts. That's the red & yellow baseball cap icon in system tray. I haven't used the new version of Wintotal so i don't know if it still uses the "Guru" but i'm sure it's a memory resident program that does the same thing.

You can use this startup manager to figure out which program it is and turn it off from running automatically when windows starts.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:22 AM

State: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herire Ghazanian
Hi Mary, in Athena turn off the "Guru" from running everytime Windows starts. That's the red & yellow baseball cap icon in system tray. I haven't used the new version of Wintotal so i don't know if it still uses the "Guru" but i'm sure it's a memory resident program that does the same thing.

You can use this startup manager to figure out which program it is and turn it off from running automatically when windows starts.
In the Aurora version, the annoyances created by this applet is worse, as you found out. This is because they added three or more additional "scheduled tasks" that stays programmed whether you have the (vault) feature enabled or not.
It is now called, alamode Assistant (a downgrade?) but it appears as a guy with shirt and tie, in the taskbar.

Sponsored Links

Closed Thread