Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > a la mode (WinTotal)
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:22 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Alamode Elite Package?

OK I got the appraisal software and will be getting all the rest of the bells and whistles that come with the Elite Package in the next couple weeks. Here are my questions:

1) Is the XSite worth it? Would it hurt to have the xsite running just for clerical purposes (accounting, management and marketing) and also have a regular website as the major web presence? IE search engine listings, better appearance etc?

2) Has anyone had much success with the Xcellerate marketing program? Also, does this work ok without an xsite?

3) What are the extra advantages of the platinum partnership?
Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2007, 11:40 AM

State: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeKoutnik View Post
OK I got the appraisal software and will be getting all the rest of the bells and whistles that come with the Elite Package in the next couple weeks. Here are my questions:

1) Is the XSite worth it? Would it hurt to have the xsite running just for clerical purposes (accounting, management and marketing) and also have a regular website as the major web presence? IE search engine listings, better appearance etc?

2) Has anyone had much success with the Xcellerate marketing program? Also, does this work ok without an xsite?

3) What are the extra advantages of the platinum partnership?

I would say that depending on your business model, the XSITE ( as it currently is being marketed ) can be hlpful.

If you are planning to have apprentices, then it is very helpful for tracking and controlling orders, maintaining a communications log and experience tracking for their experience logs required for future certification.

Ignoring the possibility of clients actually sending you orders through your XSite, entering the order into the XSite system with an email for the client adds an additional layer of updates and communications with the client.

I personally find high value in the ability to DOCUMENT communications with clients via email with a timestamp as well as creating a digital workfile that travels with the appraisal report file.

The other nice feature that XSITE brings to the table is the ability to store the report online should the client lose the email or otherwise need an additional download of the report itself. Additionally, because that interface is web based, you can easily direct someone to the location of a lost report without being at your desk, or even retreive the report yourself from any computer NOT in your office.

I would say that if you hev NO intention of having ANY web presence at all.... then perhaps you would not talke advantage of the features of the XSITE. But even from the basic business sense of the cost of registering a name, setting up email, designing a website, and using that site regularly, XSITE provides a fairly economical and painfree way to get a turnkey solution that is up and running in less than a day.

I regularly update the layout and colors of our site www.jroseappraisal.com about once a quarter, just to stay current with the seasons I suppose. Think of it as an electronic storefront you don't have to watch all that much. You need an email address anyways to do business, so developing an URL that reflects your business name with matching email addy's is a logical first step regardless of who you use to build a site. Not to mention the fact that all alamode customers - appraisers, real estate agents, mortgage brokers - are listed in a database you can access to generate leads for new business....

nicholas
Old 03-06-2007, 08:13 AM

State: Wisconsin

I have an enterprise web site.

1) As I understand you will need an XSite to deliver to some AMC's.
2) I do get work from my web site, but mostly from individuals looking for appraisers in the area. But I live in a rural area and there aren't many around, and most appraisers in my area have really not spent much money in marketing themselves. I am going to spend more time marketing my web site this year to get more non-lender work.
3) The Enterprise has some advantages in that it can process credit cards, you have more flexibility in web pages, and if you want it is good for keeping track of your invoicing. I have it for the credit card processing and the flexibility of use, and when I got it I was able to get a really good deal.
4) The Platinum membership is helpful if you work alot at night or weekends or if you are new to Wintotal. I still have questions, but most of the time I can get help during the day.
5) I haven't used XSellerate.

I would say that if you get an XSite I would at least get the professional. The Standard web site does not offer much in the way of flexibility to put extra web pages in. For example I just put in a special Quick Order Form so that people who don't want to have a client log in can send me an order. You can't do that with a basic site.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:13 PM

State: Georgia

I have used one of the Xcellerate items... promoting that banks/lenders using Calyx software can link directly to my Xsite ordering system...

I love it... the order comes in and when I download it, a good portion of the information is already loaded into the order (and, therefore, the report). I have had two clients who use my office fairly regularly get very interested in the convenience of not having to print to pdf and email OR having to print and fax. It saves them a step or two and saves me a step or two. It will then allow me to set up automatic status notifications (received, inspection scheduled, inspection complete, delay, order complete, etc.)

Also, the other idea is this... we make the ordering process for some of our clients more convenient, then maybe they will go the more convenient route for ordering their appraisals.

hmmmmmmm.... just might work!

-ed-

Closed Thread