Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:55 PM

State: New Jersey
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default New client same property

I was engaged to appraise a proeprty for client A. The property is new construction and the report was done subject to completion. The borrower goes to a different mortgage company and a new assignment is generated by client B. The inspection was done and the property is completed and Client B 's report was done as-is with the new assignment.

Here's the question:

Client B can't get the deal done. The borrower goes back to client A and now Client A is calling for a finial inspection. Can it be done for Client A without violating USPAP under the original assignement or does it have to be a new assignment again from client A ?
Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2007, 04:26 PM

State: Illinois

The request for the "final inspection" from the first client is a new request for service...or maybe I'm not understanding your question?!?

But, yes, I don't see any reason why you can't undertake a request for a "final inspection" (what with the original appraisal made "subject to completion") for the original client.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:47 PM

State: New Mexico

I agree with Lee. You did do TWO separate appraisals for two different clients. The borrower went off to a different one so that was the second one - what do you care why? Now apparently the borrower is back at the first client, who you've already done a report. So? They have an original appraisal from you that was "subject to" and now they want (in the new assignment) a 1004D. What's the problem?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:05 PM

Thanks guys for your input. I would think that as long as I didn't violate the Ethics rule pertaining to confidentiality I am ok. I just wanted to get another opinion. I treated the finial as a new assignement on a 442.
Thanks for your help
Old 06-14-2007, 07:40 AM

State: New York
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKAYTES View Post
Thanks guys for your input. I would think that as long as I didn't violate the Ethics rule pertaining to confidentiality I am ok.
The appraise has to be aware of confidentiality issues, but often they are contractual. In the information given, I don't see any obvious problems.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:16 PM

State: Connecticut

Sounds about right.

Client A - gets client A final
Client B - gets client B final

Just dont give client B, client A's final

I hope i'm right on this one, please correct if im wrong. If Client B calls for a final, go out reinspect, even if you know it is done.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:07 PM

Thanks for all of your responses.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread