Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:39 PM

State: Ohio
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default I wonder if Zaio can compete?

https://www.bpodirect.com/

Does product appear competitive with the 'Z'? AMC's are not going to survive this type of competition. Link is dirrectly from the guide book. We are in a rapidly changing profession . . .

Last edited by Jan Roseberry : 06-23-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2007, 11:51 PM

State: New Mexico

Quote:
Get Broker Price Opinions (BPO's) for Freddie Mac-owned loans* online and save time, increase productivity and cut costs. For mortgage insurance releases, delinquencies, pre-foreclosures or any other instance when you need to establish or confirm a property's value, take advantage of the convenience and flexibility of BPOdirect.
All I've got to say is WTF????????????

Well, maybe more than that but can't. Uh, Freddie - taking lessons from Fannie to cut out your own quality control and facts? I understand that you've got, as well as Fannie, immediate access to raw data, but..............
Old 06-24-2007, 03:53 AM

State: New York
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
More than 8,000 real estate agents and appraisers across the nation are on our dedicated supplier team.
I'm not following this. If they're talking BPO's, where do appraisers fit into that picture?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:38 AM

State: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wimpelberg View Post
I'm not following this. If they're talking BPO's, where do appraisers fit into that picture?

I know you like to work the cream, so to speak. How long do you think your competitive advantage in that arena will remain when the bulk of appraisers run out of work?

I hope you don't think you are immune to others entering your realm, taking market share and driving fees down.

Just because something hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't happen.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike neff View Post
I know you like to work the cream, so to speak. How long do you think your competitive advantage in that arena will remain when the bulk of appraisers run out of work?

I hope you don't think you are immune to others entering your realm, taking market share and driving fees down.

Just because something hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't happen.
The threat will not come from others running out of work and attempting to go after the clients we work for. The threat will come if they have a similar level of competence and they go after our clients. Not all segments of the market are fee driven; others are competence driven.

If there is any one common theme I see on these forums is that appraisers doing AMC, MB, and GSE-related work are projecting their experience onto everything else. The issues are completely unrelated. That's why all of the nonresidential appraisers I know with a diversified client base are begging for the work to slow down.

That is true of many of the commercial appraisers on this forum; they just don't waste their time talking about it. I do because I want to demonstrate to others that they have options. Just as you, and several other present and former members, do when you mention your diversification in other areas.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:06 AM

State: Ohio

Freddie has a very strong data base -- how can Zaio, Veros or any other AVM compete? I find it very interesting that they are participating in this arena. Another profit base? or More secure loan portfolio?

If they did not cost actual $, I'd like to run several AVMs on every appraisal I do just to compare. I always run one on a review assignment.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:08 AM

State: Arizona
Professional Status: General Public

Unfortunately, alot of the Appraisers here seem to be misinformed. ZAIO is NOT an AVM, its a pro active approach to appraising. Where are you getting an AVM?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:09 PM

True...ZAIO is a corporation, not an AVM.

As far as their software goes, that's another story.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread