Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Watercooler
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:40 PM

State: Michigan
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Work is flowing in and property values are going up!

Dozed off yesterday and had a cruel dream that I was swamped with work and property values were on the rise. I had more orders than I knew what to do with. Then I woke up at 4am, ran to checked my email (just in case) and there was nothing (of course-it was 4 in the morning-duh!). It's been going on 10 days here and not one new order. Things have been tough for the last few years here in Michigan, would be nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometime soon.

What is so sad is there are potential buyers here, that have good credit and a savings. But they are still renting because they are too afraid to make a move.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2007, 12:12 AM

State: Oregon
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

West coast here Kristina, they don't call until 5AM. I get calls, they are either comp checks or skippy beats me on the turn time
Old 09-15-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU Beavers View Post
West coast here Kristina, they don't call until 5AM. I get calls, they are either comp checks or skippy beats me on the turn time
Catch 22, over here on the midwest/east coast those in the west coast aren't done working until 8pm our time. I won't play the value check game, so they don't even bother calling anymore.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:03 PM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

July & August were sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooower than molasses in January. I have been slammed with work in September. Mostly REO's
Old 09-15-2007, 09:04 PM

State: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEL2002 View Post
July & August were sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooower than molasses in January. I have been slammed with work in September. Mostly REO's

Can I come live and work with you for a while?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Woolford View Post
Can I come live and work with you for a while?
Yea me too, I don't live far away......will work for food I am so stinking slow I don't know what to do with myself! I can tar a mean driveway and grout a tub with the best of them! But the savings is dwindling at the speed of light! Ahhhhhhh!
Old 09-15-2007, 10:31 PM

State: Wisconsin

Been steady with reviews and once in a while a 1004. But every day there is a message or two on the phone that some one is calling to give me an appraisal order. But by the time I call them the next morning. It been given away. I even leave my cell number so they can still reach me the same day. I guess they figure if I am out and about and not waiting for the phone to ring I am too busy for them to call me on my cell and give me the order. You know they want it in a flash a NY sec. what ever that is. I think they want it like our bunnies do it at the ranch.

Then of course there is the comp check like came in yesterday on the cell. I have a home on 2nd st. in the town of Adams. Do you think you could get 3M for it. Hells Bells most homes in Adams you would be good to get $24K for one. Needless to say I did not get the order. And I sure have not seen a $3M home in Adams.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:38 PM

State: Virgin Islands

I feel truly blessed in the current market.

I acquired a client last year that has grown into three franchises that keep me busy.

I am meeting with the owner of another company Monday that the same client recommended me to.

I also get orders from the firm I work for.

Just finished a writing up a 1004 tonight, have another two 1004s to write up as well as two draws to inspect and write up before midnight on Monday.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:26 PM

State: Ohio
Default I've been busy, thank goodness

Been through enough slow times, I'm almost enjoying being too busy. Maintenance around the homestead is getting deferred. I have one order just north of Monroe today, along with three other properties in the Toledo area. First Monroe job in awhile though. I hope to God it's not a manufactured home. This is for FHA, and I hate jumping through all the hoops for manf. houses. I was just reading how slow the Monroe market has been for higher end properties. I don't see it getting any better though.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man View Post
Been through enough slow times, I'm almost enjoying being too busy. Maintenance around the homestead is getting deferred. I have one order just north of Monroe today, along with three other properties in the Toledo area. First Monroe job in awhile though. I hope to God it's not a manufactured home. This is for FHA, and I hate jumping through all the hoops for manf. houses. I was just reading how slow the Monroe market has been for higher end properties. I don't see it getting any better though.
Either manufactured, on 40 acres and/or on a holding tank!
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread