Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Watercooler
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:48 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default And idea for Ray Miller

Ray, I've been thinking about you for a few days...I have an idea for your ranch...

Just an idea, not sure if it would work BUT you might want to check it out.

My husband is an astronomy buff. City lights are a major problem for star viewing. There are get togethers across the US in spots where there is limited population and less lights...They call them Star Parties. There is
an astrology magazine that publishes the list...Astronomy Today, I think it is. What if you sponsored star parties at your ranch? Might be good advertising and a draw.

A lot of them spend the night at these things -- sleep in vans, etc. BUT some might want your accomodations, food, whatever...gift shop and other things for their families? A vacation spot for the entire family and dad/mom and/or the kids could see the stars, have a hayride and whatever else goes on at your ranch. Just a thought but I've been mulling it over with you in mind.

I might be totally off base with this but it's something you might want to
pursue.

Alisa

Last edited by Alisa : 09-16-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Too correct my brain **** or senior moment, whichever it was.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2007, 04:00 PM

State: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
My husband is an astrology buff. City lights are a major problem for star viewing. There are get togethers across the US in spots where there is limited population and less lights...They call them Star Parties. Alisa
Could you mean, astronomy? Amateur astronomers gather together for a star party.

I did not know that astrologers also do the same.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Randolf,

Thanks so much!!! Yes, I did mean astronomy ....gosh, I must be getting old!!!

Alisa
Old 09-16-2007, 04:28 PM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

Cool idea Alisa.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:05 AM

With Ray's luck, he'd get sued for an insufficent number of stars out on any given night!

I'd be willing to bet that the hay rides and things he offers promotes star gazing. But, maybe, a star gazing party WITH hay rides, etc would be a new way to market the whole concept.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:24 PM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Boyd View Post
With Ray's luck, he'd get sued for an insufficent number of stars out on any given night!

I'd be willing to bet that the hay rides and things he offers promotes star gazing. But, maybe, a star gazing party WITH hay rides, etc would be a new way to market the whole concept.

Yep, it might just work. I will bring it to the staff at the next meeting.
Just lay back in the hay and watch the stars. Listen to soft foot falls of the teams hooves.

How many of you been on a real hay ride with a team of horses pulling the hay wagon? There is something really special about going on one like that. Then pull up to the campfire on a cool crisp night enjoy roasted marshmello's, hot spiced cider and warm dutch over ginger bread.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:02 AM

Well, the astronomers who come will have telescopes and ladders and all kind of accessories for their telescopes. It is amazing what they can see
with those things.

You would need a special area for them away from the lights of your buildings, etc. and no campfires. They will have their own special
red lights that do not interfere with the telescopes.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:28 PM

Gosh, Ray. That scenario sounds terrific! I've been trying to think of someplace to go for a vacation. This time, I'm not so much trying to get away from stress but something just............different. I went on a hay ride when I was a kid. I was too young then to have much interest in girls, now I'm too old. BUT.........I am a notorious voyeur.

Last edited by Mike Boyd : 09-24-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 PM

State: Louisiana

Ray, I just did a 3 hour train ride that was a wine tasting experience. 5 different kinds of wine were served (all in very limited amounts). Each was served with a food item that was designed to go with that particular wine. There was a rep from the distributor present and he explained each wine and its particular traits. Most enjoyable evening.

Imagine riding horseback or a wagon from one location to another, under the stars. At each stop there is a campfire, and the people are served about a 1/3 of a glass of wine, and some appropriate food. Then saddle up and move on to the next taste treat.

I did not see anybody 'get wasted'. My guess is each person consumed a maximum of 1.5 - 2 glasses of wine over a 3 hour period.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:57 PM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEL2002 View Post
Ray, I just did a 3 hour train ride that was a wine tasting experience. 5 different kinds of wine were served (all in very limited amounts). Each was served with a food item that was designed to go with that particular wine. There was a rep from the distributor present and he explained each wine and its particular traits. Most enjoyable evening.

Imagine riding horseback or a wagon from one location to another, under the stars. At each stop there is a campfire, and the people are served about a 1/3 of a glass of wine, and some appropriate food. Then saddle up and move on to the next taste treat.

I did not see anybody 'get wasted'. My guess is each person consumed a maximum of 1.5 - 2 glasses of wine over a 3 hour period.

Thanks for the information. Keep coming with the ideas. Always looking for new things to do.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread