Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Watercooler
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:17 PM

State: Georgia
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Need some help from Orlando Appraisers.

I don't need an appraisal, but I do need some help on where to stay for a Disney World vacation, Jan 1 - 5. This is when the kids are out of school, and suits us best. I've looked at a coupe from $2,000 to $2,600... but I don't know anything about the hotels they offer. So, anyone have any ideas on the best and worst??
Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Leggett View Post
I don't need an appraisal, but I do need some help on where to stay for a Disney World vacation, Jan 1 - 5. This is when the kids are out of school, and suits us best. I've looked at a coupe from $2,000 to $2,600... but I don't know anything about the hotels they offer. So, anyone have any ideas on the best and worst??

If you are going for Disneyworld, you can't beat staying on the grounds. I have gone to Disneyworld seven times with kids and the easiest was when we stayed at the Contemporary. The monorail stops in the Hotel and visits Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Buses run to all the other parks. I have stayed off the grounds too. It is just easier and worthwhile to stay on the grounds.

I recommend the Chef Mickey breakfast at the Contemporary. Breakfast with all the characters and more food than you could ever eat, but you can try.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 PM

State: Tennessee

We spend 10 days at the Polynesian every spring. We like it the best, cause you've got the standard bus service, plus the monorail and small boats directly to the Magic Kingdom (the small boats only service the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian, so they're never crowded, and you can get back & forth in about ten minutes). It's less expensive than the Grand Floridian, but a little more than the Contemporary. You can also see the fireworks at night from the beach at the hotel. You can get a room for about $350 a night when you're going; it's the best rates for the year (Value Season: January 1 -February 13).
Old 09-19-2007, 07:16 AM

State: Florida

How old are your kids? Older ones will most likely prefer Islands of Adventure over Disney.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:40 AM

4 and 7. Good tips, thanks.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:49 AM

State: North Carolina

MLeggett if youíre thick skinned enough; you may want to consider a deal where youíre required to listen to a time share presentation. We went about 4 years ago to a Marriott which was 5 minutes outside the Tragic Kingdom and the rate was extremely low, plus they tossed in discounted tickets for the kingdom and Seaworld to boot. We had to sit through a high pressure presentation, but it was no worse than the noise you hear when coming in under value on a sale. It was actually fun since future business wasnít involved, I didnít have to be pleasant to them.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 AM

4 & 7 might be too young to fully enjoy Islands - the coasters there are wicked and have taller height requirements (check them out ---> http://www.universalorlando.com/pi_height.html The 3 best are Dragons, Hulk & Spiderman). I'd probably save that park for future trip.

If you start to overdose on Disney (or want a park that serves beer ) Sea World generally fascinates that age set. Not bad for adults either.

I'd have to agree with the other posts about the ease of on-site hotels. Parking is expensive and Orlando traffic is a real PITA.

PS - January can sometimes be a bit chilly. You may luck out and get warm temps, but I would not bet on it. Don't count on doing a lot of swimming unless pools are heated.

Last edited by Wendy : 09-19-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 AM

State: Tennessee

The Polynesian pool is heated, but it's a little cold coming out of the water even in March & April. Also, if you need to drink, Epcot has all kinds of libations as does every resort.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:28 AM

The reservations I have now has a heated pool, but that's not really important. I think the rug rats will be too worn out after a full day to care about a pool.

What would be the normal temp in Jan? 60's? 50's?
Where we live, 40's is a normal day. But I do plan to buy vacation insurance in case the weather is really bad.
Don't they sell a cold brew in most parks? If not, I'll make a point to remember my undercover Crown flask.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:35 AM

Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

YeeHawww!

Orlando forum party in Leggett's room!

Closed Thread