Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Watercooler
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:27 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Dumber than the average bear?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgxfp501V0

Old 09-28-2007, 08:31 PM

State: Florida

Wow--that's amazing. I still can't quite believe he jumped over and got stuck. But a great ending.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:27 AM

Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

You bears gotta be more careful when crossing streams.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 AM

Actually, the bear was crossing the bridge, got scared and jumped over the side, saw how far it was to the bottom, and grabbed on. He was hanging by his claws for quite a while, and finally got himself up on a ledge where he stayed for a few days until he was rescued.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:22 PM

State: Nevada

These bears are pretty amazing animals. Since moving to Lake Tahoe a few months ago I have been reading up on them. We have had our bear "Charlie" come around about 10 times now over the last month or so trying to get food from the trash. We used to put the trash out at night, that lasted about 2 times after getting woken up by the bear knocking the cans over and making a mess. So 2 weeks ago I had my son start getting up at 5:45am as the trash guy comes at 6am and taking the cans out. The first time he takes them out and about 10 minutes later I hear something outside and Charlie was out there in the trash cans. I chalked it up to coincidence. Well this last Tuesday morning my son takes the cans out at 5:45am and about 10 minutes later Charlie is back out in the cans again. So he has adapted to when we take our trash out and waits. Pretty amazing animals. Hopefully he doesn't break into someones house as if he does he gets put down on the CA side of Tahoe where I live, on the NV side as long as he doesn't hurt anyone they will relocate them.

If you get a chance to search the internet, there are a couple videos 1 is of 2 cubs trying to get into a hammock that is hilarious. After about 15 minutes 1 of them finally figures it out. Then there is another of a family that goes on vacation and comes back to their house being taken over by a family of bears. They walk in the door and one of them is sleeping on the couch all spread out. A real life Goldilocks situation.

It's a shame with the drought and the fire here in Tahoe what these bears are having to go through just to find a little bit of food.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Vegan - this guy was up in your neck of the woods. Your Charlie probably has the trash route mapped out and hits the route 10 minutes before the garbage trucks. He could get a pretty good meal doing the whole route. They sure are smart.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:13 PM

Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear View Post
Vegan - this guy was up in your neck of the woods. Your Charlie probably has the trash route mapped out and hits the route 10 minutes before the garbage trucks. He could get a pretty good meal doing the whole route. They sure are smart.
I hate it when my work gets stolen.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK JOLLIFF View Post
I hate it when my work gets stolen.
Especially when they leave it strewn all over the yard and street?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:12 AM

I was just there this weekend hiking on Donner Ski Ranch above the Hwy 40 (hang on bear) bridge looking back down onto Donner Lake. I am glad they relocated the bear although I saw some very 'large' dog like prints in the soft dirt? My wife commented "I don't care about bears or mountain lions because I can run faster than you!" Non the less it was a great trip with an early six inches of snow on the summit at 6000 ft.

Last edited by Martyn Holgate : 10-02-2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:08 AM

State: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn Holgate View Post
......My wife commented "I don't care about bears or mountain lions because I can run faster than you!".....
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread