Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Commercial/Industrial Appraisals
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:59 PM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Aircraft Hangar Sales / Rents

I am currently working on an appraisal of a proposed aircraft hangar in Madison, Wisconsin. The Hangar will be about 70 feet wide with an 18 foot clear height and used for repairs and maintenance (just big enough to fit my private jet in it).

Does anyone here have any sales or lease rates for similar size hangars at smaller regional airports?
Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2007, 07:39 AM

Default hangersssssssssss

Jason, contact the airports and talk to the airport managers. They'd know what was going on and what the rents are.
I was doing some aerial photography yesterday and the airport I flew out of had a buy/sell board and I just glanced over it and thought I saw a hanger hanging on the board.

SI
Old 10-26-2007, 07:57 AM

State: Minnesota

I am working on a hanger in Brainerd, Minnesota right now and am gathering data. I am willing to exchange data that I find.

Scott J. Lanz
Old 10-26-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
Jason, contact the airports and talk to the airport managers. They'd know what was going on and what the rents are.
I was doing some aerial photography yesterday and the airport I flew out of had a buy/sell board and I just glanced over it and thought I saw a hanger hanging on the board.

SI
That's essentially my plan of attack. I don't really expect an overwhelming response to my request for hangar comps, but you just never know what you'll find if you don't ask. By the way, what do you fly? I have a shared ownership interest in a 1973 Piper Cherokee 180.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:28 AM

State: Texas

I did some multi-tenant T-hangar buildings in Mesquite, TX about 12-15 months ago and have some rental rates for those. I think they were going for about $125 to $150 per month for basic units to accomodate small private aircraft. Send me a PM if you need that data.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 PM

State: Florida

Just a quick search of Costar indicated that there were 9 airplane hanger transactions in their database for 2007. Loopnet has two transaction in WI reported to have occurred in 2006. Don't know if you want to spend the money or how helpful these transactions would be.

However, I am looking for info on transctions of FBO's (Fixed Base Operations) in the event anyone has and data or leads
Old 10-26-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Teynor View Post
That's essentially my plan of attack. I don't really expect an overwhelming response to my request for hangar comps, but you just never know what you'll find if you don't ask. By the way, what do you fly? I have a shared ownership interest in a 1973 Piper Cherokee 180.
Jason, I don't have a plane. The guy who flies me has a Cessna Skylane (I think its a Cessna, I know it is a Skylane), I just have to pay for fuel. We were up in the Warrens area and had to get clearance from Volk Field as we were in their airspace for Volk, Hardwood and Fort McCoy. While we were flying around up there, our radio went out, so it got a bit dicey and we cut the flight short.
My pilot friend told me about flying up there a few years ago, before 9-11 when you really didn't need a lot of clearance...........as he was flying, all of a sudden two F-16 pulled up and he could actually see the rivets on the jets. They hit the gas and his plane shuddered and he said he almost pooped his pants.

SI
Old 11-04-2007, 08:27 AM

State: Georgia

Got a couple of hangar transactions from 2006 in the Tampa/St. Petersburg Area, a bit far from you.

Chris
Tampa
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM

State: Florida

https://www.hangartrader.com/search.php

Try this site, if you haven't already.

Kevin
Ft Laud
Old 11-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Kevin Bokoske, MAI View Post
https://www.hangartrader.com/search.php

Try this site, if you haven't already.

Kevin
Ft Laud
Thanks for the link Kevin. I found a decent rent comp on that site. I also printed everything in the Midwest to PDF's and I'll check with the sellers in the future to see what they got for their hangars. I seem to appraise a hangar once every two or three years and sales are hard to come by. However, they are out there if you dig deep enough.

Take care,

Jason
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread