Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > FHA/HUD and VA
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 07:51 PM

State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Free Hud Training

Has anyone every attended one of HUD's free all day training course's for appraisers?

Was it worthwhile?

With so many gray areas in the current code (we could really use a new handbook!) it seems like it might be a good opportunity to get some strait answers

I have taken several courses on FHA, most of them are quite frankly very poor. The AI course was descent and pointed out the gray areas, made me feel good to see that I wasn't the only one noticing them but it sure would be nice to have black and white clear instruction.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:19 AM

State: Oklahoma

.........took FHA course last year conducted by Atlanta Regional........while one presenter was toward average in lecture delivery only, the others were most exceptional when you considered other CE classes taken over the past twenty years.....the poise, presentations and sincere attitudes were most unexpected from "bureaucrats".....and they were most "fit" BSing conversationalists extra the formal meetings.....know nothing of the totality of FHA personnel, but the few I was around were quite impressive.........best to all.................rs
Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 AM

State: Florida

I went to one of the all day sessions this past fall. While I would not suggest that you will get BLACK & WHITE answers, the fog does lift a bit. The session I took was geared toward appraisers and DE underwriters. It was interesting to hear what the DEUs had questions on.

It was also emphasized that FHA appraisers may only speak to or correspond with the DEU once the report has been submitted to the client. THAT can get a little tricky when you are working through an AMC (or VMC "vendor management company").
Old 08-12-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Course info

They will have 4 full day courses over 2 days here in Charlotte, only one is aimed at appraisers ... here is the description

Appraiser training:
Description of course: Appraiser training will cover the following topics: Minimum property requirements, appraisal protocol, manufactured homes, REO appraisals, property flipping, inspections, new construction, 203(k) rehabilitation program, Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) & FHA Secure. In addition, case studies will be reviewed and discussed.

__________________________________________________ __

Thanks for the input,
Old 08-12-2008, 09:41 AM

State: Michigan

Link for these courses may be a helpful post to the folks that are looking for them.
http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/events/events.cfm
Old 08-12-2008, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I will try to make it to the one in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Best of all it's free, but of course no lunch.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread