Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:26 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Action Plan for POST HVCC 5/1/2009

Ok,

So what are some ideas of what we can do once this happens?

Go out of busness?

Non-Lender Work( not enough to go around)?
Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2008, 05:39 PM

State: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wallace View Post
Ok,

Go out of busness?

I'm going back to shaping boards dude.....OK seriously a lot of guys are going out of business or retiring. I would retire if my savings and 401 (now a 101) weren't wiped out. I'm going for the non-lender work and hopefully the NVS Co-op will throw some work my way. If I can find a little review work, that would be nice. If I can't find work outside of the AMC's I'll punt, speaking of which Miami just scored again WAHOO go Fins.

Good luck to you and me.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:01 PM

State: North Carolina

What you can do is severly limit the amount of control an AMC can place on you.

You do this simply by reporting the most abusive to the IRS for violating employee/IC status.

this folks is will go a long way farther then any help we might get from congress.

Speaking of Congress, think State Legislatures. Most states are really hurting for tax revenue. The AMC's are taking a lot of money away from the majority of states to Pennsylvania, Virginia and a few others.

Think of these as a one two punch that will cripple all of them to the point we really will be independent.

This will force the Big banks to go inhouse with there appraisal ordering.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:12 PM

State: Wisconsin

I'm hoping my four main clients, local banks, go with direct engagement through processing departments separate from the origination departments. When I've spoken to them about the HVCC over the last several months, they have indicated direct engagement would be their MO, but obviously they can change their minds. I'll be making some calls this week to discuss their plans regarding the revised HVCC now that it appears to be finalized.

Stressful times indeed.

Kevin
Old 12-28-2008, 06:44 PM

State: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDunn View Post
I'm hoping my four main clients, local banks, go with direct engagement through processing departments separate from the origination departments. When I've spoken to them about the HVCC over the last several months, they have indicated direct engagement would be their MO, but obviously they can change their minds. I'll be making some calls this week to discuss their plans regarding the revised HVCC now that it appears to be finalized.

Stressful times indeed.

Kevin
Kevin,

If your an alamode user then introduce them to Mercury. This will help them manage the appraisal orders interanlly and remove the need for an AMC phone monkey.

http://alamode.com/products/mortgage...efault23k.aspx
Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 PM

State: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
Kevin,

If your an alamode user then introduce them to Mercury. This will help them manage the appraisal orders interanlly and remove the need for an AMC phone monkey.

http://alamode.com/products/mortgage...efault23k.aspx
We use ACI, but it doesn't mean I couldn't change. We probably should, but our ACI use goes back to long before my wife and I owned the company. I'm reasonably confident that my clients are going to continue to order their own appraisals. If they tell me they've changed their minds, I will try and suggest options other than typical AMCs. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kevin

Kevin
Old 12-28-2008, 08:03 PM

State: Illinois

My post-HVCC "plan" is VERY similar to my pre-HVCC "plan": Avoid, if conditions are not to my liking, working for either AMCs or mortgage brokers.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:27 PM

State: Ohio
Default Business as usual (hopefully)!

My clients are local banks with majority hard money lenders. Occasionally they sell to Freddie and Fannie direct (retain servicing) with only correspondent lending for FHA/VA loans. They have all changed ordering procedures in past 6 months and I have no contact with loan officers.

My only concern is that I think the orders should be automatically rotated (the way I read/interpret the document) but I am not sure the banks are rotating assignments.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wallace View Post
Ok,

Go out of busness?
I have said it before and I'll say it again - the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

For those who truly do not know what to do, start by reading and understanding the book "Who Moved My Cheese".
Old 12-29-2008, 07:48 PM

State: Georgia

set up your own AMC,,,,

Why NOT....
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread