Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:38 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Time For Action is Now!

It appears that the only 3 solutions folks are coming up with is to quit, bury your head in the sand or just go with the flow and sign up for the AMC's. Well the last I checked, I run my company not anyone else. I make the policy on how I get paid. I'll be dammed if I'm going to let some stranger tell me I will now get half of what I'm worth on someone elses terms. We need to stick to our guns, get fired up and run our businesses like CEO's, not trainees. If only a very small percentage of skippy appraisers sign up for this deal, we will win. Don't play there game. Also, I propose we start calling the doosh bag, Cuomo and tell him how you feel. Here is his info.

Andrew Cuomo 2010 -Church Street Station - P.O. Box 683 -New York, NY 10008
P (212) 238-3270, F (212) 238-3100, Info@AndrewCuomo.com

Let's set a day where we all start a campaing to fax, email and call his office and tell him we aren't going along with the deal to take our livelihood and hurt consumers. We need more oversight, not more regulation. If we had that to begin with, we wouldn't be in this mess. Call your local legislatures as well and tell them you won't be campaigning for them or voting for the or donating to there campaigns any more if this passes. This works! Here in California when the state legislature wanted to raise our sales and other taxes, they got bombarded with faxes, and calls against it so the Governator vetod it. If you just lay there and take it you get what you deserve. I will not be signing up for any AMC's unless they will agree to my terms. If we all do this we will win. Stop whining and start calling, faxing and emailing. I have already started my calling and faxing and emailing. What say you? In the time it takes you to read this, you could have made one phone call to Coumo. Let's take our businesses back.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2008, 12:49 PM

State: New York

great idea Debra....I say pick a few days and hit the NY Times, Washington Post and other assorted possibly interested parties.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 PM

State: Georgia

Debra, you make my heart sing. The appraisal business is full of pansies. I have been screaming as loud as I can on here that the AMCs don't set the fees, we do. Just say hell no to their fees, etc. They can't do squat without us but there are thousands of pansies out there that kiss their asses and take their sh*t. I just don't know how much Dandy Andy Cuomo cares what we think. He is just the AG of NY. However, FNMA wants to buy loan packages...loan packages with appraisals. Maybe FNMA isn't the only one who can set guidelines. If we had any gonads, we could constipate the whole loan process until we had a decent shake out of this deal. I say every appraiser in the country ought to just quit on a certain day and stay quit until we are heard. Couldn't hurt us, we're going to be essentially out of business anyway. Beginning on the day the HVCC kicks in, stop ALL GSE appraisal work. I think they call this a strike. It has worked a few times in the past.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:35 PM

State: New Jersey
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Debra,
Where have you BEEN all of my appraisal life? .
Old 12-30-2008, 03:56 PM

Default Time to Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Weeks View Post
Debra, you make my heart sing. The appraisal business is full of pansies. I have been screaming as loud as I can on here that the AMCs don't set the fees, we do. Just say hell no to their fees, etc. They can't do squat without us but there are thousands of pansies out there that kiss their asses and take their sh*t. I just don't know how much Dandy Andy Cuomo cares what we think. He is just the AG of NY. However, FNMA wants to buy loan packages...loan packages with appraisals. Maybe FNMA isn't the only one who can set guidelines. If we had any gonads, we could constipate the whole loan process until we had a decent shake out of this deal. I say every appraiser in the country ought to just quit on a certain day and stay quit until we are heard. Couldn't hurt us, we're going to be essentially out of business anyway. Beginning on the day the HVCC kicks in, stop ALL GSE appraisal work. I think they call this a strike. It has worked a few times in the past.
I totally agree with you Howard. I don't know about the rest of you, put I had to beg to get someone to train me and when I got a Supervisor, he paid $150 per appraisal and I had to work for free in his office and type up all his deals and give him my clients. I worked too dam hard to get where I am and I'll be dammed if someone is going to take it away from me. This is big Government at it's finest. Can you imagine if you had to go to a management company to get a Realtor? And the Mgmt. Co. takes half of the commission? Bet your ass that wouldn't fly because the National Association of Realtors has one of the largest lobby groups in the country. I say if the organizations we pay fees to, like the National Assoc. of Independant Appraisers and the Appraisal Institute is going to sit there with there thumbs up there butt and not help us then quit them and let's form an organization that will lobby for our benefit. Let's not forget, Cuomo may be taking Hillary Clinton's Senate seat. At that point, he will be relying on votes and campaign $$. I say anyone in New York needs to start calling him and letting him know you will fight to put him out of of job when that day comes. Please email me at debraalewis@sbcglobal.net so we can get this thing going.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:01 PM

State: New York

http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=148692
Old 12-30-2008, 10:04 PM

State: Illinois

sounds great deb....I have idea to take this even a step farther and move it along faster. how about calling a news station and "breaking the story" that appraisers are organizing and planning on going going on strike nationally on say...March 1st?

two months should give us enough time to this thing to pick up steam. Plus some free advertising sounds pretty good to get the word out to as many appraisers as possible.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:06 PM

I think we're going to need one good appraiser to "take one for the team", and set themselves on fire outside Cuomo's office.

Any volunteers in upstate New York? The rest of us would be awfully grateful.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:37 PM

State: Georgia

Lloyd's right. It worked for the Buddhist monks. Somebody just needs to man-up. I promise there will be virgins waiting for you on the other side.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:52 PM

State: Colorado

I am all for it. I think making it clear that appraisers won't work for typical amc wages on April 1 2009 could have an impact. If the day the 1004MC becomes required people stood up for themselves and refused to ***** themselves out for tiny wages it could have an impact. If we could coordinate something where several medium to large sized cities news channels got the scoop that appraisers are getting **tt f***ed and weren't going to put up with it anymore, a difference could be made.

I've worked hard to get REAL clients, those of you who look at amcs as clients don't get it and are helping destroy your own industry.

I'll give ole Andy a call tomorrow, I'm a paisan, maybe he'll listen to one of his own.

Closed Thread