Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Does this agreement affect FHA orders?

I know this probably has been answered but does this affect FHA work? Ive been out of the loop on this whole HVCC agreement, is there anything we can do or I can do? I talked to a lot of mortgage brokers and there saying they dont know anything about this.
Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

This was an agreement between Fannie/Freddie and Cuomo. I don't think FHA has agreed to this. Doesn't mean they won't.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:09 PM

State: New Mexico
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Nor does it not mean that all orders for FHA will go through AMCs. IF the issue with case numbers can be solved, it makes sense a lender will use a one stop shop for all appraisal ordering.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:05 AM

State: Virginia

It does not apply to VA or FHA. But as PE said, a lender is likely to use an AMC anyway. That way they can keep most of the fee and pay the appraisers who are willing conspirators, a pittance of a fee.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 AM

It doesn't matter if it affects FHA, VA or other lenders or not. The fact is that it is proven all along that whatever FNM does, the rest of them follow it like sheeps. They all use FNM forms, FNM guidelines, FNM limited conditions and limitation. They don't have to but they do because they cannot make their own and stick with it. Look at FHA, they couldn't continue their VCs and went back to FNM guideline.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:51 AM

State: Virginia
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by schavez33 View Post
I know this probably has been answered but does this affect FHA work? Ive been out of the loop on this whole HVCC agreement, is there anything we can do or I can do? I talked to a lot of mortgage brokers and there saying they dont know anything about this.
It does not directly affect FHA orders as FHA has it's own appraisal guidelines and a roster. The problem is, that when a company creates a new apparatus to comply with the HVCC for it's GSE products, then it is likely to use the same apparatus to order all FHA appraisals. So, yes, it does directly affect FHA appraisal assignments. Companies that currently manage the process in house and are in compliance will likely continue selecting FHA reports as they currently due. If any of your clients outsource for compliance (AMC) then they will also likely outsource for FHA.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 PM

Can mortgage brokers still order the appraisal from us directly is what Im asking?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:21 PM

State: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by schavez33 View Post
Can mortgage brokers still order the appraisal from us directly is what Im asking?
MBs can request appraisals of you, but there is some doubt whether those appraisals can be used for loans headed to the secondary market. And, you've read the opinions (above) from others regarding FHA loans.

Closed Thread