Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:40 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default 1004mc form-have you received any fee increase from amc's?

I am trying to find out who here has received a fee increase for including this form for an amc. If so, how much have they increased the fee? Or have they turned down your requests for increase and re-assigned. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2009, 07:01 PM

Professional Status: General Public

that's a good question. inquiry mind wanna know, too!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:33 PM

State: North Carolina

Hi, so far it should be voluntary that you add it as it is NOT yet mandatory...and NO to a Form Page that is (or will be) a portion of the 1004 Form and MUST be included for any federal fan-fred related transactions. So good for you if you can get a $bump$!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:02 PM

State: New Jersey

ive already talked with 2 large lenders managerse and there will not be a fee increase...the quote was "this research was already done by you...,we just need it on paper".. aslo rels and wachovia had this form last year and wouldnt increase $ then
Old 01-15-2009, 10:28 PM

State: Louisiana

When have they paid extra for anything?

The AMCs aren't going to pay for it because there are dozens of appraisers who will not complain behind every appraiser who balks. It's that simple.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrcdk View Post
Hi, so far it should be voluntary that you add it as it is NOT yet mandatory...and NO to a Form Page that is (or will be) a portion of the 1004 Form and MUST be included for any federal fan-fred related transactions. So good for you if you can get a $bump$!

What's a "federal fan-fred related transaction?"

----------------------------------------------------

Don't ask for a fee increase to "fill out a form."

Demand additional fees for the additional services rendered.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:04 AM

State: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrcdk View Post
It is not a "portion of the 1004 Form" and must be included for appraisals they will be going to FNMA or FHLMC. Which may or may not be easier to identify in the future, who knows how that is going to play out? The idea that "good for you if you can get a $bump$" is absurd. If you went to an architect and told them that the municipality where you were building required a new form that was going to take them some time to fill out, even if they already had the necessary data to fill it out, would you not expect them to charge you for this additional time? Make up additional examples over and over again about how you would expect someone performing a service for you to charge you more if you asked for something that was going to take them more time. I had a clown come to the house for my 3 year olds birthday party (who charged for 90 minutes about what we get for a 1004). What do you think he would have said if I asked him to stay another 30 minutes?

When are we going to get our heads about us and stand up for ourselves?! More work @ same pay = pay cut. Why is this acceptable to us? Have we not eaten enough s**t recently?
Old 01-16-2009, 07:31 AM

State: Illinois

My simple response to anyone making the comment "you had to know / have this information anyway"

"I know many things, however if you want me to fill out a form to tell you all the things I know it is going to cost you."
Old 01-16-2009, 12:25 PM

I was told... "It's just a form with some check boxes, how hard can that be?"
Old 01-16-2009, 04:33 PM

Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee
Default appraiser

is there any place in california where i can go and take a class on the new 1004mc so i will know how to fill out the form accurately?
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread