Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 AM

State: Virginia
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Does this affect HVCC?

Hot off the press:

SAN FRANCISCO -- President Barack Obama's administration asked all federal agencies and departments to stop any pending regulatory changes until a review can be conducted, Reuters reported Tuesday. A memorandum, signed by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, was sent to agencies and departments to stop all pending regulations until a legal and policy review can be conducted by the new administration, the news agency said.

So, would the HVCC be considered a "pending regulatory change"?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:12 PM

State: Colorado
Default Check other entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Clark View Post
Hot off the press:

SAN FRANCISCO -- President Barack Obama's administration asked all federal agencies and departments to stop any pending regulatory changes until a review can be conducted, Reuters reported Tuesday. A memorandum, signed by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, was sent to agencies and departments to stop all pending regulations until a legal and policy review can be conducted by the new administration, the news agency said.

So, would the HVCC be considered a "pending regulatory change"?
Check other listings...I think this subject has already been brought up...

John
Old 01-22-2009, 04:45 PM

State: Washington

I have a contact ‘inside’ FannieMae. I asked this question of that individual:

“this msg concerns the HVCC………….

Appraisers around the US are asking (via various web sites) if this new regulation is one that will be ‘put on hold’ with Pres. Obama’s announcement to Agencies to delay implementation of recently approved regulations until further review is done by his administration.”

The answer I received:

“the HVCC is not a regulation; it is an agreement among the four parties and is to be implemented through the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac contracts with those that sell loans to us.”
Old 01-22-2009, 04:59 PM

State: North Carolina

“the HVCC is not a regulation; it is an agreement among the four parties and is to be implemented through the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac contracts with those that sell loans to us.”

Some of us us have noted that over and over and over....to no avail. There is much difference between a law, regulation, agreement and rule.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:03 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Towne View Post
I have a contact ‘inside’ FannieMae. I asked this question of that individual:

“this msg concerns the HVCC………….

Appraisers around the US are asking (via various web sites) if this new regulation is one that will be ‘put on hold’ with Pres. Obama’s announcement to Agencies to delay implementation of recently approved regulations until further review is done by his administration.”

The answer I received:

How the heck is an agreement....I never agreed to any of this....if it is an agreement.....then it needs to not negatively effect the appraisal community....that is the stupidist thing I have ever heard....AGREEMENT...lol

They are altering all of the policies....and all of the banks are altering theirs to fit with their policies....

Old 01-22-2009, 05:10 PM

State: Oregon

When did the appraisal community agree to this "agreement" regulating appraisers?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:12 PM

You are not part of the agreement. The agreement is (proposed) between FannieMae, FreddieMac and the Attorney General of New York.

Appraisers are not part of the agreement.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:18 PM

State: Oregon

Yes, but appraisers are being regulated, such that - from our perspective - the distinction between agreement and regulation is deceptive and sophistic.

In any case, four of the five federal banking regulators don't agree with the HVCC.

http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=150544
Old 01-22-2009, 11:08 PM

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USPAP Compliant View Post
You are not part of the agreement. The agreement is (proposed) between FannieMae, FreddieMac and the Attorney General of New York.

Appraisers are not part of the agreement.
Are you kidding....we are right in the middle of this agreement...it directly affects ANY appraiser who does appraisal assignments for any loan that is sold to FNMA.....and we are held accountable.....how are we not part of the agreement....

This D*mn agreement dictates how we do business....ends our long term relationships with existing clients (unless they do FHA)....they are allowing AMC's control and they are not interested in appraisers at all....they figure that there are so many of us out there....that they do not care if we refuse to work for a lesser fee....they will continue on until they find an appraiser who is willing....

Sounds like we are very much involved in this agreement.....we just have no say in the agreement.

Last edited by TXCBoy36 : 01-22-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-23-2009, 07:18 AM

Sure we will be affected by any agreement...but we are not a party to the agreement. We have no vote and will not be signing the agreement.

GM & Ford come to an agreement with their suppliers, lenders...and even their unions.

I am a consumer, I buy cars......but I am not a part of or a party to their agreements.

FannnieMae and FreddieMac do not need the permission of appraisers to enter into agreements.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread