Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:55 PM

State: Indiana
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default 1004c Prior Listings Help

I'm struggling to find out how to get the # of active listings for a previous time period. I have seen some posts that indicated you could just select all(sold, active,withdrawn, expired) and that would give you the number for each time period. That doesnt seem right. There are going to be properties that were listed before the 7-12 month time frame that were still active and properties that are active across all three time frames if they have not sold or expired. I must be missing something. Are they just wanting new listings during these time periods? I am registered for an AI class on this next month but have a client wanting it now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2009, 04:47 PM

State: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBURNS23 View Post
There are going to be properties that were listed before the 7-12 month time frame that were still active and properties that are active across all three time frames if they have not sold or expired. I must be missing something.
My 2 cents.... you're not missing anything. All active listings during each time period - yes, some will be included in all 3 time periods. They were active at the time, so you count them.

P.S. George's spreadsheet is the best!!!! What a super quick, easy way to get all the calculations.

THANKS AGAIN GEORGE!!! Where shall I send my check?
Old 02-14-2009, 06:40 PM

State: Massachusetts

I do not believe a reviewer or reader of the report will challenge this new market condition form. It is very difficult to review or to challenge the results. It is a poorly written form. It was most likely produced by someone who is not a valuation practitioner. It is clearly evident the author of this form is someone who did not know where they were going with it. So any path you take to complete the form you will get there.

I do hope the powers to be will either abandon this form or revise the form in respect to demonstrate the market activity during the sales quarters and not the months currently stated. Every industry uses sales quarters during the year.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:20 PM

State: Florida

That particular series of entries on the 1004MC are going to probably wind up being blank for most market areas. There is just no way to recreate that kind of data retrospectively with MY MLS at any rate. It would take a weeks worth of work for just 1 report. Thay want to pay me 3k per report, I'll think about it,
Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 PM

State: Nevada
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Woolford View Post
That particular series of entries on the 1004MC are going to probably wind up being blank for most market areas. There is just no way to recreate that kind of data retrospectively with MY MLS at any rate. It would take a weeks worth of work for just 1 report. Thay want to pay me 3k per report, I'll think about it,
What company does the software for your mls system? Mine is MarketLink mlxchange. MarketLink Tempo is similar. These are used in many parts of the country and the data is available to do the report from these systems.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasWayne View Post
What company does the software for your mls system? Mine is MarketLink mlxchange. MarketLink Tempo is similar. These are used in many parts of the country and the data is available to do the report from these systems.

I'm stuck with Inovia. There is no way to do a retrospective listing search.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:09 PM

MarketLink is also the provider for Innovia. If you have the fields for list date, contract date, withdrawn date, expired date, and actual closed date, the analysis is doable.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
MarketLink is also the provider for Innovia. If you have the fields for list date, contract date, withdrawn date, expired date, and actual closed date, the analysis is doable.
We don't. Thats why its pretty much impossible. They are on the list / update screens, but not on the search/ report screens.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:20 PM

Innovia claims to offer nightly ftp data push for power users. This might be the a solution if you can set up your own data base. If it is available it would be handy to have all sales and listings on a laptop for use in the field.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:41 AM

State: Colorado

Quote:
Doable maybe, but not reliable and could be misleading. You are manipulating MLS data to fill out boxes on a form that is not readily available and unreliable. As the form states, "If any required data is unavailable or is considered unreliable, the appraiser must provide an explanation." There is nothing wrong with an statement that the listing data for prior time periods is unavailable/unreliable and provide an explanation.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread