Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 10:41 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default HVCC is now a FEDERAL POLICY?

I wrote many congressmen, state senators, governor, assembly representatives, etc...

Finally received one reply from a State Senate Rep.

He states, "...I have no jurisdiction over the HVCC as it was previously considered by your federal leaders in Congress and the U.S. Senate and is now a federal policy."
Since when did it become FEDERAL POLICY?

Fannie Mae is not part of the Government... not directly. The HVCC was a paper drafted by Cuomo and accepted by Fannie Mae to stave off law suits. Congress never had anything to do with it AFAIK.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:43 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingDog View Post
Fannie Mae is not part of the Government... not directly.
What part of the government take over in Sept 2008 makes Fannie Mae not directly part of the government?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:24 PM

State: New York

suggest Googling the Federal Housing Finance Agency which oversees both Fannie & Freddie.

here ya go

http://www.fhfa.gov/Default.aspx?Page=4

"The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) was created on July 30, 2008, when the President signed into law the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008.

In addition, this law combined the staffs of the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO), the Federal Housing Finance Board (FHFB), and the GSE mission office at the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)"
Old 02-20-2009, 05:31 PM

State: North Carolina

If he understood what the HVCC will do, he might think about trying to develop state regulations that put limitations/licensing on AMC's...Most likely he doesn't understand what the HVCC means and the danger it poses to borrowers in the fact that AMC's skim appraisal fees and influence appraisers just as much as any other appraiser client, if not more. He is wrong that he can't do anything. But of course that is a knee jerk reaction of someone who doesn't care, is ignorant or has ulterior motives.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:51 PM

State: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Klahr View Post
What part of the government take over in Sept 2008 makes Fannie Mae not directly part of the government?
I thought:

authorities necessary to oversee vital components of our country’s secondary mortgage

meant that they would oversee it not take over entirely... my bad I guess.

I think that the State Senate Rep. is probably too new and doesn't have a good understanding of the ramifications of the HVCC.

Closed Thread